ATV2 4.1.1 - Crashes -Help.

mahockey

Feb 14, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a ATV2 running now for years with no issues, but I recently updated NITO TV and now XBMC crashes...It may or may not be the cause, I am not sure.

Sometimes when I am using XBMC other time when XBMC is starting up - I always get booted back to the Apple welcome screen.

What are my options here?

Sorry I cant even remember how (or what) I used to JB its been so long.

I wouldn't mind a fresh install.

thanks in advance

M.

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
If you do not save your old firmware you will be upgraded to a tethered 5.3 firmware. Then every damn time you lose power you will have to use a computer to restart your atv2. Your old firmware is like mine and is the one everyone wants, so be very sure you find and save it.
Then I would use Cyberduck and save my user dat folders(just incase). Skip this if you do not care, but you will lose all favorites/shows/ watched data.
Then I would use season pass to re jailbreak it and use the new Wizard or Nito Installer to get all newest. I do not use fresh start and do not find it very helpful.

mahockey

Feb 14, 2013
So basically use Tiny umbrella to maintain my current firmware. Then use Seas0n pass by pointing it at this and re-jailbreak?

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
Yes or sometimes Seasonpass will let you save blobs. I think you open it and hit help at top and it has an option to save blobs.
Then you right click on ipsw and select the firmware you saved. If it is not there, stop and try tiny umbrella.