ATV2 Crashing when viewing some HD streams

chiefrocka6

Nov 23, 2012
Thanks in advance...

I am having a recent issue with HD content on ATV2. It appears that since I installed the latest gotham (13 and 13.1) that I have been unable to stream HD content. In searching other forums I am reading that the ATV2 cannot handle HD content, so my question is, did the HD content recently get "better" on Ic*f*lms? It was my understanding that the ATV2 can handle 720p. Also this issue if fairly recent for me, if the ATV2 couldnt handle HD then this problem would have been consistent over the past 2 years and not a recent issue...

This is my debug log incase it proves helpful

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=233808

Maddcow

Aug 25, 2012
Happened again today when watching a HD file on Ic*f*lms. I'd paused the playback and (as has happened a bunch of times now), about 1min into the pause the ATV2 crashes back to the Apple menu. So I tried something I read somewhere else: I checked "Enable passthrough" and "Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver" in the Audio output settings (System\Settings\System\Audio output). I've read that the crashing is due to the audio in HD files and that changing these audio output settings help.

I then played the exact same HD file and had no problems at all, even when pausing playback several times. Let's see what happens.

Cupid stunt

Mar 30, 2015
Good afternoon !

I have the same issue, HD content crashing after approx 5mins into any HD movie on Ic*f*lms
SD streaming a treat :)

Audio passthrough is switched on.

Any help would be very much appreciated

CS