ATV2 Script errors on all add-ons re-installed everything and still get the errors

tasanchez5

Jul 21, 2013
Dear Anyone! HELP!
I posted my log file and explained my problem here: http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/apple-tv-2-discussion/10160-atv2-script-errors-all-add-ons-re-installed-everything-still-get-errors.html

Basically- I had a hell of a time JB atv2. SP created the IPSW but it wouldnt download automatically via iTunes. I had to manually drop in the file. Anyway- I finally JB the atv2 5.3.
I installed XBMC & the wizard. But when I tried to play a TV series, I only got script errors. I've tried in 1 Channel & PFTV & Mashup. I successfully search for the series. The scratch stuff works and when I select the episode I want to view i get all the options to try to ply it. However, whichever one I chose I get a script error.

I've now gone all the way back twice to restoring the atv (in iTunes) and re-JB. Then reinstalling XBMC & wizard. And still nothing works.

Can anybody help?
(log here just in case: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38786)

Last edited:

tasanchez5

Jul 21, 2013
In my continuing quest to join the millions who get XBMC to work...I just tried deleting/reinstalling using just the nitoTV app. When I rebooted (after removing) xbmc was gone as expected. However, when I reinstalled, xbmc AND all the xbmc hub stuff was there exactly as before i uninstalled. I would have expected it to be "virgin"? Does this mean even though I see my atv ip address on the nitoTC installer, its not really doing its job?
Also- I had noticed that when I try to look at what version of xbmc hub I've got (in the maintenance tool) it has generic text in the field instead of the version number. Something just isnt right and I cant get this dang thing to work!

tasanchez5

Jul 21, 2013
and each time its a tethered reboot which is of course a pain- but I'm assuming after each uninstall/reinstall I have to reboot the atv2. (yeah- its 5.3)

tasanchez5

Jul 21, 2013
Now I'm really stumped. I've installed on my mac - and I get nothing to play. Like on atv2 - i get all the way to picking the source, it says "resolving link" and then nothing. The script error of just the list of sources. I'm not an idiot- but I feel like one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Apple TV 2 3
I Apple TV 2 8
P Video Addons 7