Audio, but no video (black screen) on some Arabic addons (eg AlArab)

oldmanwinter

Jan 25, 2015
Downloaded the Arabic XBMC Addons Repository for a friend, and enabled the addons. However when I go into some of these addons (eg AlArab) I am getting audio but no video. And yet others are working without any problems. Have switched accelerator between software and hardware accelerated and no difference. Bear with me...I am a newbie, and although I did cruise the forums, I could not find any answer to this.

oldmanwinter

Jan 25, 2015
Ok. Further to my problem. I am running an android tv box, so I went into Acceleration, made sure the decoding method was hardware accelerated and then unchecked the 3 "allow hardware accelerator" boxes. When I went back, I had video on the Arabic channels. However, I did discover that unless those boxes were checked off, I was not able to access any movies on genesis, or the rest of my addons. So a catch 22. Since I am not Arabic, does not bother me, but what do I do for my friend who wants the channels?

androidtvincanada

Feb 2, 2016
Hello,

I deal with a lot of Android box's and I will tell you exactly what the fix is. You are in the right spot. You just need to uncheck the AMCODEC and that is all. The others can stay active. This will fix all your issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Kodi Support 4
W Kodi Support 8
C Resolver Development 1