Question Audio, No Video

wchmara

May 15, 2016
Apparently, a lot of people had this issue. For many of them, going into Settings and changing the default "Auto Detect" to "Software" clears up the issue. I've tried that, still no joy.
I'm running 32-bit Kodi 18 on Windows 10.

Comment: For me, it seems like every time there is a major Kodi update, this issue returns, forcing me to either get a new device to accommodate the latest version or having to uninstall the latest version and go back to Isengard. I have no problem with streaming video on my computer outside of Kodi, why does there always have to be a problem inside?:mad:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Have you tried the 64 bit version of Kodi? I would think your windows 10 machine is 64 bits.
On what addon(s) is this happening? One or all addons?
Could be simply updating your video drivers or video card on your W10.
Try Iobit Driver Booster. The free version does the job fine.

wchmara

May 15, 2016
The 64-bit version installer just returns error messages and suggests the 32. At least the 32 does install.
My pc came with Win7 originally installed.
All the still picture addons work, but any that stream moving video have this problem.
I will try Driver Booster, and report back, thanks!

wchmara

May 15, 2016
Driver Booster updated my USB controllers and told me everything else was up-to-date.
No effect on Leia.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
if the laptop came with WIn7 originally means it is atleast 8 years old. The graphics chipset may be too old to handle any decent video acceleration DXVA2 and DXVA-HD

wchmara

May 15, 2016
I tried turning those off in Settings. No effect.
It's like I said before, a new version of Kodi -- gotta buy a new device to use it.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Try and run Kodi in Windows 7 compatibility mode see if that helps. But I'm with Gujal, I would think your graphics chipset are too old. Get yourself a good Android box. You can get a Firestick for less than $40 but I would get at least a decent box. It is my understanding that Kodi will terminate support to 32 bit devices in the very near future (maybe as early as version 19) so get a 64 bit Android box. It will last a while.

wchmara

May 15, 2016
No joy in compatibility mode, either.

I've never been able to get Git Browser or Indigo to work, either, and this latest attempt reaffirms that.

Thanks, but I think I'll drop anything to do with Kodi once again. It isn't as though I don't have working alternatives already.