Az1

AZ1

May 21, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm new and have to start somewhere. I did the 17.2 install and then the Indigo wizard to configure Kodi. Some add-ons work, and some don't.

1Ch**nel doesn't work. If I select a movie, and try to watch it, it fails and tells me to check the log file. The log file makes about as much sense as staring at a bowl of alphabet soup!

USTVNOW also fails, in the same manner.

I'm assuming there may be some dependencies. How would I know what dependencies are required, and how do I check to see if they are installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Upgrade to 17.3 and see if the issues persist, with 17.3 being released 24 hours after 17.2 clearly something was FUBAR in 17.2...

And if the issue persist, go to the front page of this site and find the article on how to post up your logs so someone can take a look, be sure the log captures the error then upload...

AZ1

May 21, 2017
Update seems to have made an improvement

Upgrade to 17.3 and see if the issues persist, with 17.3 being released 24 hours after 17.2 clearly something was FUBAR in 17.2...

And if the issue persist, go to the front page of this site and find the article on how to post up your logs so someone can take a look, be sure the log captures the error then upload...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I did an update on 1Ch**nel. Now some movies will play.

Is there a way to download a movie from 1Ch**nel, similar to the way you can download from Ex**us? If so, do you know how to do this, or can you point me to where I could find info on it?

Thank you very much.

If I still have problems with other add-ons and updating doesn't fix it, I'll try Kodi 17.3

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
1Ch**nel does not have a native downloader built into it but luckily it can make use of the Axel Downloader add-on and download via that. As long as you have Axel Downloader installed all you need to do is switch on the option in 1Ch**nel's settings and everything you select to lay will be downloaded as well. Axel however is a bit rickety and not as polished as other downloaders and you'll have to do a bit of renaming once everything has downloaded.

AZ1

May 21, 2017
Thank you for the info on Axel Downloader.

I used Indigo to install it, turned it on in the add-on settings, and I still can't download anything.

Is there some other setting I have to do, to make this work?

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
No, you just switch it on in 1Ch**nel and that's it. Axel is unfinished code - and after all this time it's unlikely to be amended - so the way it works is a bit old fashioned, but it does work, I downloaded a few things to check before I posted yesterday.

First off you have to realize that not all Providers allow their streams to be downloaded, it's nothing to do with Kodi just that they want you to keep coming back to their site and reading the ads if you want to watch it again and Kodi falls foul of this restriction as well. Openload sources are OK so if you pair with them you should have a ready downloadable source.

Start playing the stream, Axel will automatically be invoked and start downloading as well - but there will be nothing to say this is happening. Do not stop the stream yet, as soon as you stop it the link between 1Ch**nel and Axel will be broken and the download will be incomplete. Axel will download faster than what you're watching and you can monitor the progress by exiting 1Ch**nel and starting the Axel add-on. It will overlay the screen with some barely readable text but it should say the name of the file you selected along with a percentage value. You can monitor the progress by clicking Refresh at the top of the screen. When the download has finished don't leave Axel - that seems to auto-delete the file you've just downloaded for some reason - and use File Manager to rename the file and copy it to somewhere safe. Files get saved to the Axel Downloader Userdata folder with a suffix of .PART to indicate their status and should get renamed properly once completed but they don't which might have something to do with the auto-delete on exit function.

See....I told you it was a bit rickety :)

AZ1

May 21, 2017
Thank you for the additional info. If I can ever get a stream again for the movie I want, I'll try your procedure.