Backup not grabbing everything

perrybucsdad

Feb 29, 2016
I don't know if this is the way it is designed to work, but the Backup script will back up most items, but it doesn't backup some of the Add-on settings. For example, in Genesis, SA*TS, etc, I have to go into it and set the Library Locations for each of these. Since all mine are the same, is there a folder I need to instruct the backup program to include to get this?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Did you check the addon settings to see if there is some settings enabled/disabled that shouldn't be? I personally use another addon for my backup. It gives the option to make a universal backup or a backup for only the machine I'm on including all settings. Can't name it here though.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
you only need addons & userdata folders. I don't even use a backup addon, just copy/paste them myself.

perrybucsdad

Feb 29, 2016
you only need addons & userdata folders. I don't even use a backup addon, just copy/paste them myself.
Copy and Paste is great if you are working on a PC, but when working with an Amazon FireTV stick, it's a pain in the rear. If you know of a way to view the contents of the FireTV stick from my PC, send me a PM and let me know how I can do that. I thought I could mount it by IP address, but that doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing something wrong).

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Copy and Paste is great if you are working on a PC, but when working with an Amazon FireTV stick, it's a pain in the rear. If you know of a way to view the contents of the FireTV stick from my PC, send me a PM and let me know how I can do that. I thought I could mount it by IP address, but that doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing something wrong).
If you use ES Explorer it is actually quite easy to C&P

perrybucsdad

Feb 29, 2016
I have that, but on the FireStick, it's just not intuitive for me. I guess I just want to be able to use a keyboard and a terminal prompt (call me old school). I would think there is a way to mount the FireStick, but I have yet to find out how. I'll keep looking. If anyone knows of a way, please let me know via PM.

Thanks,

John

Yobpar

Jan 13, 2016
I think you can mount it using windows 10 built in network file sharing (Done it long time ago), but let's be honest, as RavRob said, is hassle free with ES file (just do some google on it). You can access everything on the firestick through the ftp (you can use command prompt).