Developer
Feb 13, 2018

Name: BBC iPlayer
Plugin ID: plugin.video.bbciplayer
Author: LittleWiz
Current Version: 0.5.2
Download: Install Via Fusion or Indigo Addon

Description:
Watch Catchup/Live TV from BBC iPlayer with built in Geo Unrestriction check addon settings

Last edited:

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Thanks for this - can watch live streams but catchup returns a blank. Progs are listed but won't open. Any guidance please.

mentat

Oct 17, 2014
Playback Controls (Krypton)

Greetings,

First, let me thank you for extending the availability and support of this add-on.

I'm outside the UK and use the "internal" proxy (the "Use Proxy" in Settings - BBC iPlayer) feature available in this add-on to view "catchup" programming. (I do not use any "external" VPN or Smart DNS services).

Everything works great, with one small issue...

The Playback Controls (Pause, Skip Forward/Back) are missing during playback (on Kodi 17 - Krypton only).

I am currently running Kodi 17.6/LibreELEC 8.2.3 on my RPi3 (Raspberry Pi 3) and happened to notice the missing playback controls after upgrading my system from Kodi 16.1/LibreELEC 7.0.3 (where Pause, Skip Forward/Back are available on playback).

I also use your ITV Player add-on and just wanted to mention that Playback Controls are available (when using the "internal" proxy feature) on both Kodi 17 - Krypton and Kodi 16 - Jarvis systems (as described above).

Your consideration and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If your are outside uk and using proxy feature you can only use rtmp which You cannot fast forward or skip unless you use a Linux based product

mentat

Oct 17, 2014
If your are outside uk and using proxy feature you can only use rtmp which You cannot fast forward or skip unless you use a Linux based product
Just to be clear, do you mean more Linux based than LibreELEC?

LibreELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.9.59 #1 SMP Sun Jan 21 03:22:08 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Thanks.

inopanda

Mar 30, 2018
hiya
Thanks for taking on this addon, its greatly appreciated, This is one of THE best addons for kodi users outside the UK and has been for many years.
just seen the update to 0.5.7 when i tried with the various proxy i kept getting error, after the 1st error message there was only a choice of 2 proxy england and speed the just had disappeared. could you please confirm which settings should be used for catch up outside the UK, i totally understand you can't get live outside the UK without a vpn.
Many thanks in Advance.

sorry should have said the error comes up when it's looking for links.
for example i goto most popular then selct a TV show, normally the links page appears (unless autoplay is selected) that's when the error appears. i have tried both with autoplay on and off.

Last edited:

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
then you cant have proxy enabled for sure

working fine for me

if proxy is enabled you do have to have autoplay on as only one of the streams works anyway

at present both proxies work default is england

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Whomad install teamviewer please so I can get on your pc and take a look at your issue

Pm me your team details