Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If on vpn disable proxy

Please update

Added live and what’s on now on main directory

Turn off in settings

Chris_e

Apr 22, 2018
Noticed the update still can't play anything with or without vpn proxy on or off. Can u not just add "justproxy" back?

ihappening

May 4, 2018
Hi LittleWiz, I am looking for development help. Would you please contact me on ihappening (at) gmail dot com ... as I don't have enough privilege to PM you. Thanks.

Chris_e

Apr 22, 2018
Whomad
Managed with itv player sorry posted in wrong thread.
BBC I player still a problem for me even with VPN. MY internet isn't the best so I try not using vpn as it makes it worse. I'm using BBC I player from kodi repo with no problems but have to use vpn unfortunately

Chris_e

Apr 22, 2018
No not interested it just so the Mrs can catch up with doctors and eastenders. Was fine for catch up till " justproxy" was removed

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
No not interested it just so the Mrs can catch up with doctors and eastenders. Was fine for catch up till " justproxy" was removed

Just proxy doesn’t work with bbc anymore hence it was removed !

bbc blocked just proxy always said geo location error

you need a smart dns service rather than vpn as it will not restrict your bandwidth like a vpn

once you have done that

go onto addon settings and reset all settings

do not use inbuilt proxy when using vpn or smart dns service

Chris_e

Apr 22, 2018
Just proxy doesn’t work with bbc anymore hence it was removed !

bbc blocked just proxy always said geo location error

you need a smart dns service rather than vpn as it will not restrict your bandwidth like a vpn

once you have done that

go onto addon settings and reset all settings

do not use inbuilt proxy when using vpn or smart dns service
Thanks for the info! Didn't know just proxy was removed by the BBC, it always worked with that for catch up outside UK...............oh well!

Palatkik

Jun 17, 2014
you need a smart dns service rather than vpn
Hi, I've been using this great addon for many years since days of Mikey1234. Now I notice it needs a Smart DNS to work outside the UK for catchup? The geoproxies in the addon no longer work?

When I tried Smart DNS free 2 week trial changing my router DNS the LittleWiz BBCiPlayer 0.6.7 works on Win10 Kodi 17.6 using HLS and Limelight but not on any Android devices with same settings (get error Playback failed). ** Is there a way to get Android working as all my TVs are connected to Android devices.

Cheers

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Reset all addon settings

If using smart dns on router you need to turn of proxy in addon settings

Resetting everything to default should help

shafters

Jan 2, 2015
Addon has been working great but just noticed when choosing a program in the a-z part and choosing a letter than choosing a show it comes up blank I.e. I chose BBC newline in the letter b it comes up blank is there something in settings I need to change for long time it has worked perfect.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Me too. But here's something interesting. Categories doesn't work (won't even bring up episodes), Search brings up blank after choosing episode - but I can get an episode to run using By Channel or Most Popular
This is interesting - works for me also. If i use the "By Channel" option - proves to be a great work around