Release BBC iPlayer

Palatkik

Jun 17, 2014
This is interesting - works for me also. If i use the "By Channel" option - proves to be a great work around
Are you using with Smart DNS router outside UK? I cannot get this addon to work anymore with Smart DNS.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Hi - yes I am using Smart DNS outside the U.K - I live in Portugal.
I have SmartDNS set up and configured on my Laptop, then the various DNS locations added to my devices using the network manager IPv4 config.
On the computer I run the Smart DNS setup every morning to check it out, I regularly have to re-activate the IP address.
Question has this worked before now , and does it work for other addons - ITV for example.

Palatkik

Jun 17, 2014
Hi - yes I am using Smart DNS outside the U.K - I live in Portugal.
I have SmartDNS set up and configured on my Laptop, then the various DNS locations added to my devices using the network manager IPv4 config.
On the computer I run the Smart DNS setup every morning to check it out, I regularly have to re-activate the IP address.
Question has this worked before now , and does it work for other addons - ITV for example.
OK thanks. Smart DNS doesn't work for me even using latest iPlayer 0.6.8, maybe because I am using trial version of Smart DNS, I dont know, but I won't pay for it if it doesn't work. I can run the iPlayer addon using another VPN in mean time.

Agosto

Aug 29, 2014
Just set up Smart DNS on fire stick and laptop and ITV player is working but BBC iPlayer is not, even after returning to defaults.
Using this outside UK. No lists come up on any content ( Channels, Most popular, A-Z )

Agosto

Aug 29, 2014
I'm outside UK, using SmartDNS (Proxy turned off). Most functions are now working for me - A-Z list, Most Popular, Categories. Just now had one failed attempt on an episode chosen thru Categories (but success on the 2nd try) - and noticed that it is very slow to bring up the episode (might be timing out sometimes?).
A tip that has helped me in the past -- Turn off AUTOPLAY in the Stream Options, and you can see and try different streams from a list (AKAMAI, BIDI, LIMELIGHT etc.). You may find one that works that you can then set as a default for Autoplay.
great tip but xitguy, lots of others and myself don't have anything to click on, just a blank screen except for the 2 dots to take you back to the previous page, are you using the latest 0.6.8?

Palatkik

Jun 17, 2014
OK, I've got this addon 0.6.8 working with Smart DNS outside UK, however on some shows where there are multiple episodes to play I select latest one and the addon streams the earlier episode whilst at same time displaying the episode name I was intending to see. If I go to the other player iPlayerWWW that plays the correct episode.

shafters

Jan 2, 2015
I noticed lately when I choose Northern Ireland in Categories there are very few programs to choose from I used to watch the Northern Ireland news and other programs that are not there now not sure if anything can be done hopefully there is.

shafters

Jan 2, 2015
I wonder is anyone else having some issues , I notice when I choose most popular the page comes up blank was a very useful part of the addon when wanting to choose certain programs.

shafters

Jan 2, 2015
I now cannot get anything to work anymore on the addon not sure if the addon is supported anymore or not it worked for me for along time but recently I have noticed things changing within the addon as you would notice on previous posts I have made. It will be missed dearly if this is the end of support on the addon.

mentat

Oct 17, 2014
Greetings LW,

Just updated to version 0.70 and all menu/categories (including most popular) are working for me (once again).

For reference, I am not located in the UK and I am using the Smart DNS Proxy service (configured at the router).

Once again, I would like to express my appreciation for your development and support of this excellent add-on.

Thanks.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Use a DNS and the actual BBC iPlayer - so much easier AND it works !!!
I am the same - have given up on Kodi and all it's addons. - support seems to have dried up.

I go direct to the BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub and All4 - use a DNS - it works perfectly and is so much easier.

shafters

Jan 2, 2015
I am the same - have given up on Kodi and all it's addons. - support seems to have dried up.

I go direct to the BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub and All4 - use a DNS - it works perfectly and is so much easier.
I assume support for both bbc iplayer and ITV has ceased. I have no luck using either for awhile now I don't see any updates for either. Sorry I am not a techie person and not really sure how to set up a DNS.

steved

Dec 6, 2016
BBC Iplayer!!! is this actually still working? it states not working outside the UK. I run a VPN. It does work on the PC via a browser. just not in KODI via this app. Is it working for anyone anymore?