Release Bello Nero Skin (Bello MOD)

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Bello 6 Nero

Bello 6 Nero is a fork of Bello 6 - v6.0.0 - Big thanks to Nessus for Bello 6 and eQUIV for the Pulse graphics!

Imgur Screenshots

iCanuck's Repo v3.2.0 - Download Link

Bello 6 Nero
v6.0.0n1
- Download Link

Changelog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 7 Color themes - Bello, Blue, Green, Midnight, Nero, Pink & Red
(goto > Settings > Interface Settings > Skin > Theme)

There are 3 new skin settings:
- Home Animation (Toggle the Background Pulse Animation)
- Home Menu Overlay (Toggle the Home Background Overlay at bottom of background)
- Classic Home Menu Layout (Enable the Classic (center aligned) Home Navigation bar)

This video is of a previous version but shows the pulse animation accurately

[video=youtube;ahSwx5cy9Lk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahSwx5cy9Lk[/video]

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Updated to Version 2.0.5n02
v2.0.5n02
• Fixed Home Menu Textures
• Added Color Menu to SkinSettings
• Added Home Menu Background Color
• Added Home Menu Smoke Color
• Added Disable Home Menu Smoke
I have reduced the Skin file size down to 57MB with all the Color mods, instead of 90MB.

You no longer change the color settings using Skin Theme, to change the Colors goto SkinSettings>Colors

Next thing on the list to do is add a Icon Color option. I plan on doing this with color diffuse instead of separate textures, this will keep the Skin File size down. The plan is to keep the skin light weight as possible!

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
Small question, is this skin also fast enough on a Pi?
Should be nice and fast even on Pi. In settings disable all views except for thumbnails. The 3d Wall etc will slow you down and make you think skin is not suitable when it is....Good luck!!

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Updated to Version 2.0.7n01
v2.0.7n01
• Modified Bello with Bello Nero Textures(eQUIV)
• Added Bello Nero Menu to SkinSettings
• Added Disable Rename Custom Home Menu Button (On Down Action)
• Added Disable Home Menu Smoke
• Added Home Menu Smoke Color
• Added Home Menu Smoke Transparency
• Integrated iCanucks Wallpapers
• Added Wallpaper Preview in Filebrowser
• Added Custom Sounds

I have Updated everything to Bello version 2.0.7. I have Reverted how you select the Home Menu colors back to the previous way. So you will have to select the Theme via the Settings>Appearance Menu once again... Including the Original Bello theme.

You can now Change the Home Menu Smoke Color with presets or use a Custom Hex Color(6 Characters). Also you can now Change the Transparency of the Home Menu Smoke. This can all be done via SkinSettings>Bello Nero.

This Bello MOD is currently only localized for English, so other Languages will be missing text. If anyone would like to help to translate the additional languages. Please Translate Lines#1129-1127 or from BELLO NERO down of THIS file and send to me via PM stating the language.

I have added minimal changes to the Original Bello code so from here on out Updating Bello Nero will be a breeze. I have created a LOG of all files added, and all code added/replaced.

Please give me feedback!

iCanuck Repo Download

iCanuck's Wallpapers (Adds 300 Wallpapers to Skin)
1) Download from iCanuck Repo (under 'Services')
* the file is 250mb. it may take a while to download!
2) You will now have 300 New Wallpapers when Selecting a Single Custom Background

Last edited:

DSSNL

Oct 15, 2014
Love the skin on my Minix 8 H bit got a question:

On the startscreen how can I make some shortcuts to add-ons and give that shortcut a name

Seen one thing, when I want to close XBMC it's freezing now, so stuck

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Love the skin on my Minix 8 H bit got a question:

On the startscreen how can I make some shortcuts to add-ons and give that shortcut a name

Seen one thing, when I want to close XBMC it's freezing now, so stuck
You can do this by adding Custom Buttons (SkinSettings>HomeMenu>Custom Home Menu Buttons)

Were you having freezing issues on the previous version?

DSSNL

Oct 15, 2014
You can do this by adding Custom Buttons (SkinSettings>HomeMenu>Custom Home Menu Buttons)

When you do this it opens the favorite file and you can only choose what's in your favourites list, so yoy can't give it your own name

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
When you do this it opens the favorite file and you can only choose what's in your favourites list, so yoy can't give it your own name
Yes so favorite all of the items you want to add to Home Menu. Then goto it on the Home Menu and press Down. This will allow you to rename it.

After you rename it you can Disable 'Renaming on Down' by going to SkinSettings>BelloNero>Disable Rename Custom Home Menu button

That way you don't get annoyed when you accidently press down on the Custom Button.

Another way you can do it is Rename all your Favorites before adding them as a Custom Button

Last edited:

DSSNL

Oct 15, 2014
Is it possible to put a icon in OSD when there are subtitles when I bring up the context menu? Now I can only see 720 for example and aac.....

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Is it possible to put a icon in OSD when there are subtitles when I bring up the context menu? Now I can only see 720 for example and aac.....
Yes but I am waiting until Helix is released and Bello is updated before I start making anymore changes.

I also plan on adding Custom Home Icons per Category (Movies, TVshows, etc.) Similar to Confluence

pr1uk

Nov 23, 2013
Thought i would try this on my Macbook but all i get when trying to load is dependancies not met..
sorry was trying to load on Kodi 14 and like others it's not ready yet

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
I have modded Bello 2.0.8(Gotham) & 3.0.8(Helix) with Bello Nero mod. This update should fix everyone's issues.

I renamed the skin folder so you will have to re-setup everything for Gotham. I recommend doing a fresh install if on Gotham.
If your on Helix it should keep your settings.

iCanuck Repo - v3.1.0 - Direct Download

Bello Nero - v2.0.8n - Gotham - Direct Download

Bello Nero - v3.0.8n - Helix - Direct Download

Last edited:

newmn1981

Oct 25, 2013
hi canuck i am using the original bello skin and was wondering if i could show submenu all the time and not click down arrow to show, thanks

Here is Bello Nero for Helix it is based off of Bello v3.0.6

I will update Skin Settings with Color options in Next Update. Please report bugs in this thread.

iCanuck Kodi Repo (v2.1.0)
- Download Link

Bello Nero (v3.0.6n01) - Helix Compatible - Direct Download Link

AlanP

Apr 29, 2015
I love this Bello Nero skin, but when I install it, the smoke menu area is corrupted. The left side appears more or less as it should, but the right half of the screen seems to be pixelated and stretched out. When you activate the menu animation, the whole right side is a mess.

I am running Helix 14.2, and have tried the latest Bello Nero for Helix. Any ideas why it is coming out like this? I am attempting to use it on a fire tv with android apk if that is the problem. Bello works fine, but Bello Nero would be preferred, if it would just come out as it is supposed to.

Nilus van Edel

May 14, 2015
I would love to get this Bello Nero skin working, but unfortunately I got a similar problem as AlanP.
I'm using Kodi 14.2 on the Fire TV-Stick, the Belloskin itself works fine:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3987/4rz5a62e_jpg
but as soon as I switch to default/blue or any other colors this error occurs:
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=dc0146-1431616892.jpg

I've no idea why this error occurs, I've already tried to use all the files from the original Bello skin, but changing the color of dark_pulse.png immediately the error occurs.
If you could fix this that would be great, otherwise if someone got a hint why this error occurs I'd be really thankful.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Kodi Skins 7