Best Case with Fan for Raspberry pi 2

flakom3

Sep 19, 2015
USA Florida
Hello guys,

I am in search of a new Case with a fan for my Raspberry pi 2 , i do have the regular black case that comes with the package, i am doing the overclocking mode to it. heatsink has been order but i was looking for a case with a fan as well.

So this is the big question, what's the best case out there right now in your opinion?

for example this is one of the cases i was looking at in amazon

Tontec® New Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi Model B+ (B Plus) 512M Board Case Transparent Cover Box Enclosure with Mini Fan

thanks in advance

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
I use a flirc case on mine and it works great. I overclocked it the day I got it and haven't had a single issue.

Chi-Town

Apr 25, 2013
Hello guys,

I am in search of a new Case with a fan for my Raspberry pi 2 , i do have the regular black case that comes with the package, i am doing the overclocking mode to it. heatsink has been order but i was looking for a case with a fan as well.

So this is the big question, what's the best case out there right now in your opinion?

for example this is one of the cases i was looking at in amazon

Tontec® New Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi Model B+ (B Plus) 512M Board Case Transparent Cover Box Enclosure with Mini Fan

thanks in advance
I ordered case like that before. ...THE FAN IS TOO LOUD[emoji34] ......
I just used a regular case & purchased heat sinks instead

Last edited:

steveuk23

Aug 9, 2015
Ha ha a fan on a raspberry Pi
I've had mine running for months now and even on full HD the CPU and temp don't go up much.
I'm guessing your planning on overclocking it quite a lot

flakom3

Sep 19, 2015
USA Florida
i am going to overclock this baby :D , its going to be set to the extreme mode hahaha.but no guys just trying to be safe, and am trying to keep it as cool as possible. these things don't have a power on button so it stays on 99%.

well i would if my phone doesn't have a power button and it is running 24/7 then yes , and this thing is getting overclocked soon.

wason92

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
But it won't stay hot for 99% of the time, the governor will keep the cpu usage down unless you're doing something intense.

I still think you should just put it in a ziplock bag and into a freezer

flakom3

Sep 19, 2015
USA Florida
But it won't stay hot for 99% of the time, the governor will keep the cpu usage down unless you're doing something intense.

I still think you should just put it in a ziplock bag and into a freezer

my fridge is too far from my tv :( , you want to send me a mini fridge ? lol

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
The flirc case is essentially a big heat sink. I have mine overclocked and the case never gets hot and the raspberry 's temp stays low