Best Tablet to install XBMC

Captnpules

Nov 9, 2013
I am looking to buy a tablet and use XBMC on it to watch movies and tv. Does anyone know what the best tablet is to load XBMC on, I was thinking of a Surface Pro? Are there any I should stay away from that I can not load XBMC on, I dont want an IPAD.

Tuuvian

Jul 14, 2014
Acer Iconia W700P-6821 11.6-Inch 128 GB Tablet (Silver, Windows 8 Pro) is what I have been using since mid 2013. Runs XBMC like a charm. I think current pricing is $729 in Amazon. Comes with lots of stuff in the box.

TwiztedZero

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Toronto
I can't say what the best tablet is. But I can definitely confirm XBMC/Kodi works great on a Nexus 7 (2012) with 32GB Storage - Android 4.4.4. So anything with similiar or better specs will definitely work out just fine.

This little walkthrough will help you get it done: XBMC to Android. Its easy peasy.

Captnpules

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks for the advice, I am specificlly looking for something I can use for work as well. It would need to have MS Office, that is why I asked about the surface. Has anyone ran xbmc on a surface and is it easy? I do lik ethe nexus 7 idea it is cheap and woudl be cool just to run xbmc on.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I have it on a couple of Nexus 7's and have installed XBMC on several low end tablets for my grandkids without any issues. I've wondered what build you would use on a Surface, I assume windows but haven't seen any feedback on people using XBMC on one so I'll be checking back to find out. Gotham has made it a lot better for android users I can tell you that for sure.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Thanks for the advice, I am specificlly looking for something I can use for work as well. It would need to have MS Office, that is why I asked about the surface. Has anyone ran xbmc on a surface and is it easy? I do lik ethe nexus 7 idea it is cheap and woudl be cool just to run xbmc on.
I have a surface pro 2 and it runs great and its simple

Muldarfbi

Jun 5, 2014
I run a Samsung Galaxy Tad 2, but I have not got XBMC to load anything yet.
Greatings everyone, I'm glad that I am here. Seems like a nice place, by the way...I am a noob!..-(

Muldarfbi,

satman61

Feb 18, 2013
I use a Samsung galaxy tab 3....been running it for about 8 months andni must say that it runs better than anything else i have xbmc/kodi loaded on