Better NetFlix App?

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
While I am very satisfied with the way my AFTV works with Kodi I really don't like the way its OS displays Netflix, I guess I am old and don't handle change well :) and really do prefer my old Apple TV Netflix interface.

- Does anyone know if there are any other android Netflix apps which are a better Netflix interface than the current AFTV one?

- Can I down load any andoid Netflix APK and side load it to see if it is better? Any risks to this?

Any ideas or comments are appreciated.

Thanks

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
While I am very satisfied with the way my AFTV works with Kodi I really don't like the way its OS displays Netflix, I guess I am old and don't handle change well :) and really do prefer my old Apple TV Netflix interface.

- Does anyone know if there are any other android Netflix apps which are a better Netflix interface than the current AFTV one?

- Can I down load any andoid Netflix APK and side load it to see if it is better? Any risks to this?

Any ideas or comments are appreciated.

Thanks
No risk in side loading the googleplay one but it might be the same app.
I hate it too but my problems are serious glitches and lower quality, not the UI. Currently watching house of cards on apple TV.
I contacted amazon and got the feeling the rep never used fire TV. Told me to go to the appstore and install the new one then uninstall the old one. Forget the obvious flaws in his guidance but I already had the newest one. He or she ended with " If that doesn't work call Netflix".

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
No risk in side loading the googleplay one but it might be the same app.
I hate it too but my problems are serious glitches and lower quality, not the UI. Currently watching house of cards on apple TV.
I contacted amazon and got the feeling the rep never used fire TV. Told me to go to the appstore and install the new one then uninstall the old one. Forget the obvious flaws in his guidance but I already had the newest one. He or she ended with " If that doesn't work call Netflix".
I am not rooted so no Google Play. Do I just search for a Netflix APK file and load that?

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
I am not rooted so no Google Play. Do I just search for a Netflix APK file and load that?
Yes. Go to play store, find apk, open another tab for apk downloader and paste the web address of the play store screen.
I have play store installed but still do this about 90% of the time since the stock remote is a little tough to navigate play store I find.

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
Yes. Go to play store, find apk, open another tab for apk downloader and paste the web address of the play store screen.
I have play store installed but still do this about 90% of the time since the stock remote is a little tough to navigate play store I find.
Thank-you, based on your advice I actually found a downloader that eliminates the cut and past step and sets up the .apk file download automatically.

The current version in the google playstore is 3.9.3 but I found an even newer version 3.10.0 which I might also try a bit later.

I am very new to the android platform and am trying to proceed cautiously while learning at the same time.