Beware of PureVPN

vid

Nov 11, 2013
I have heard that Cyber******* caught after PureVPN coughs up logs to FBI
A 24-year-old Massachusetts man named as Ryan Lin has been arrested in a Cyberstalking case which in part was brought after one of the largest VPN providers, PureVPN handed over information that linked Lin to his alleged crimes.

FORD

Oct 24, 2013
PureVPN should have never handed the info over without a court order. Now having said that, this Lin guy sounds like a total piece of shit, and I hope he enjoys his 400 pound cellmate treating him like the little bitch he is.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Even with VPN, you need to read their fine print WRT disclosure of logs. Most VPN will comply with the law if their log is subpeonae. Some VPN will only keep the log for 24 hours so only a few users identity will be disclosed.

isabel

Jul 5, 2018
I read pure vpn keeps log of your activity.. do we consider it with kodi or not?

CordStreamer

Oct 11, 2018
For Kodi it has it own Addon, pretty much working fine for me .

The hassle of setting the PureVPN addon is not as complicated as others. PureVPN Kodi addon doesn't seems to leak as i have tested several times.

You only need VPN when you are supposed to access geo restricted addons or get away from ISPs logging or tracking.

P.S: Only IPvanish is another vpn which has Kodi addon, so it's a plus point to have anyone of them

Cheers !!

CordStreamer

Oct 11, 2018
I have heard that Cyber******* caught after PureVPN coughs up logs to FBI
A 24-year-old Massachusetts man named as Ryan Lin has been arrested in a Cyberstalking case which in part was brought after one of the largest VPN providers, PureVPN handed over information that linked Lin to his alleged crimes.
It was way back then, and now the policies is not what it portrays.

DonaldS

Nov 16, 2017
Dallas, Texas
xperti.io
Even with VPN, you need to read their fine print WRT disclosure of logs. Most VPN will comply with the law if their log is subpeonae. Some VPN will only keep the log for 24 hours so only a few users identity will be disclosed.
I agree on this point that no VPN provider hand over someone's personal logs or data to the law until and unless they officially demand to handover. However, PureVPN has a very huge history and is very much defamed in the past and had been trolled a lot. But I guess things have been changed. Whatever the situations are, they somehow manage to sell their VPN.

hattori87

Oct 25, 2018
doesn't matter too much on Kodi, unless you're streaming something that can get yourself into trouble if you're not using a VPN. Check out the policies of any provider you sign up for. IF possible, get in touch with their support too.