BubbleUPnp and Xbmc (YES)

TheKrishna

Apr 27, 2013
Hey everyone. I'm no good at writing guides, but I'm going to do my best.

* This was made using XBMC on my home PC. I do not know if this will work with XBMC for android or with iOS.

Today the app for android BubbleUPnP was updated to support the chromecast. With this wonderful app, you can play all your files from XBMC to your chromecast with ease. Here's How:

1 - Turn UPnP on in XBMC by going to Settings>Services>UPnP

2 - Download BubbleUPnP from the Play Store (Click HERE)

3 - Purchase the license in settings($4.69). The app lets you play only 20 minutes on the ChromeCast without the license purchase. Use that to test it out.

4 - In the BubbleUPnP app, go to the "Devices" tab, and under "Renderers" choose your ChromeCast.

5 - In the same "Devices" Tab, Select your XBMC Library under "Libraries"

6 - Now under the library tab, you'll see all your content. Simply pick something and watch it show on your chromecast!

It does say you should download the UPnP server to your computer, but I tested without it originally and it worked fine.

If anyone wants to re do this and make it more user friendly PLEASE go ahead. As I said I am no good at writing guides.

Hope I helped somebody.

Last edited:

vibajajo64

Jan 31, 2014
Hi Krishna,

I got it working playing local media only. Is it also possible to play Xbmc channels with Chromecast?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
It would need s playcore file... But I dont think it has the default ability to play streaming media links.

I would check out vibajajo64's chrome cast guides for streaming ALL OF XBMC to chrome cast ;)

TheKrishna

Apr 27, 2013
I've had no success when it comes to any video addons .

@showgun - I thought the player core files were needed for XBMC android

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Welcome Centre 0
C Chromecast 0
V Chromecast 1