buffering

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
XBMC will simply work best with a hard-wired connection.

To achieve that throughout my home, I have always solved my distant connections by using Powerline Adaptors which utilize your home's electrical wiring to conduct the WIFI signal from your router.

If you are not familiar with them, they might solve your problem with little added cost.

tonymeds

Jan 7, 2015
Guys deleting cache is done through the maintenance tool in programs or the addon it self like genisis in the tools section also you can delete the app cache before you launch xbmc or kodi just dont delete data or it will wipe your build. The Amzon Fire has very little storage so keep everything light or you will get a low storage warning.you can delete packages through the maintenance tool this is a file of all the repo zips you have uploaded just dont do it when xbmc is updating You can add a cleaning app to clear out all of the rubbish something like "clean master". if you download a file explorer "es" and make all files visible you can go and delete the thumbnails file and db13 file this will only make metadata loading slower, i would personally delete cache everyday. and it is better to use tuxens rather than zero cache as it has recently been mentioned that on android zero cache can reduce the life of you device.

V44

Jan 1, 2015
The issue vanished when I upgraded from 13.1 to Kodi 14.0

It must have been an issue with 13.1 (green blur 10 minutes in )

tjack_87

Dec 30, 2014
Tonymeds, great reply. Very informative thanks! So just to clarify, if i use TUXENS, that creates a 'dump folder' so to speak for the cache on the HDD. The clear cache tool on maintenance will delete the cache too? Is there a way to plug a usb hard drive in and get the cache to save there instead?

V44

Jan 1, 2015
How to make your Fire TV run 1080p MKVs without buffering issues

My Fire TV is connected via Gigabyte-LAN to my NAS – in theory enough speed to stream large media files. However, I usually ran into buffering issues every 5 to 10 minutes. The solution to this problem is pushing a proper advancedsettings.xml file to your fire TV. There are three different versions out there which I will share with you here:

Advanced Settings Version 1
Advanced Settings Version 2
Advanced Settings Version 3
No urls in your post mate, where can we get these settings ?

V44

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks,

Im struggling to get the xml though, i just get taken to a page with the actual text on it, nowhere to download the "file"

And then i dont know where to write it, i have adbfire , does that do it? or do i have to manually write it via somewhere in the maintenance program near the default tuxen one >?

forty0z

Jun 2, 2013
Thanks,

Im struggling to get the xml though, i just get taken to a page with the actual text on it, nowhere to download the "file"

And then i dont know where to write it, i have adbfire , does that do it? or do i have to manually write it via somewhere in the maintenance program near the default tuxen one >?
That post tells you how to do it. Or you can just do the tuxen on xbmchub. Thats what I did.

Bigleo

Oct 11, 2014
advancedsettings.xml
Settings to help with biffering
Buffer mode>1<
Cache buffing >157286400
Read buffing >20<
This will help a lot

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
those links are dead now, would anyone have some alternative advanced.xml settings that work well with the Amazon Fire TV/
I am running this one on two FTV Sticks. Streams 1080p no problems. I have Kodi 14.2 RC1 installed on them. The FTV Stick is running fast and has a lot less memory and cpu usage on 14.2 RC1. I went with the cache buffer size of 40MB which is 41943040 . You want to have at least 3x the memory for whatever size you set it to. On general my FTV sticks had around 130MB free memory so i set it to just below.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>0</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>41943040</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Last edited:

UnStable

Jan 4, 2013
I am running this one on two FTV Sticks. Streams 1080p no problems. I have Kodi 14.2 RC1 installed on them. The FTV Stick is running fast and has a lot less memory and cpu usage on 14.2 RC1. I went with the cache buffer size of 40MB which is 41943040 . You want to have at least 3x the memory for whatever size you set it to. On general my FTV sticks had around 130MB free memory so i set it to just below.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
That appears to have fixed my issue, many thanks! :D

fairlaidy

May 9, 2012

<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
how is this done thanks

lenniepaz

Aug 19, 2013
how is this done thanks
Copy and paste this into notepad, and save it as advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

If you have adbfire on your PC, open it up, and push the advancedsettings.xml to the userdata folder.

fairlaidy

May 9, 2012
Copy and paste this into notepad, and save it as advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<network>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

If you have adbfire on your PC, open it up, and push the advancedsettings.xml to the userdata folder.
im assuming you have to delete the one u already have and then push a new one? i had loaded one directly from maintenance add-on or something like that.

Last edited:

lenniepaz

Aug 19, 2013
im assuming you have to delete the one u already have and then push a new one? i had loaded one directly from maintenance add-on or something like that.
before you do a "push" in adbfire, click on "delete", then go to userdata and find the advancedsettings file, and delete it. Then push the new one to the userdata folder with adbfire.