Bug Report: Accessing 'Recordings' Folder Hangs XBMC

dCypher

Sep 4, 2013
England
I am hoping that now that this addon project is getting resurrected, someone with some coding skills can help solve this long-term and significant bug for the community:

Problem: ACCESSING RECORDINGS HANGS XBMC

When a user attempts to access the 'Recordings' folder, XBMC hangs indefinitely. Note: For the recording feature, you must have a DVR subscription to USTVNow.

This is a problem that has plagued many ustvnow users on XBMC. On rare occasion, it fixes itself, but for most people it doesn't and remains inaccessible. For me, personally, it worked for the first week I installed the addob, but then.... it mysteriously broke. Nothing in my XBMC configuration or my Win 7 install had changed. Fast forward nearly 3 months and the most significant feature of the service is still something I can't use within xbmc.

Several people has raised this bug in the various forums and boards, but the question was never really addressed--so I am hoping with renewed visibility this gets some more attention. :)

Outside of this bug, this plugin is top-notch and flawless.

sparkyvanburen

Sep 22, 2013
fyi, I had this issue on the free version (i had 3 references sign up for ustvnow which gave me 12+ free hours of recordings) and found that the issue is how many recordings you have. 10 or less and it works perfectly, 11 or more and it hangs.