Can a version of XBMC and a version of TVMC be installed on the same android tv box?

georgepapa

Sep 17, 2015
Hi,

I'm new to all this.

I just purchased a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus TV box, which came with XBMC 13.3 installed. However, I'd like to try TVMC 14.2 - sounds amazing.

My question is: Can I download TVMC and keep my current XBMC, so that I can compare using them and what they have to offer, or do I have to dump XBMC first?

Thanks

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I believe TVMC is just Kodi 14.2, so yes you can have both XBMC Gotham 13.2 & KODI Helix 14.2 both installed simultaneously.

However, XBMC is very old now so ideally you should either be using Kodi 14.2 or Kodi 15. But in answer to your question, yes you can install both :)

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Just go for TVMC for now and see how you get on, I think a lot of people are still on 14.2 anyway, which is the latest TVMC version.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Hi,

I'm new to all this.

I just purchased a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus TV box, which came with XBMC 13.3 installed. However, I'd like to try TVMC 14.2 - sounds amazing.

My question is: Can I download TVMC and keep my current XBMC, so that I can compare using them and what they have to offer, or do I have to dump XBMC first?

Thanks
I too have a minix x8-h plus and i would advise against putting on a bloated version of xbmc/kodi like TVMC.

I would recommend using SPMC 14.2 (another flavour of kodi) that works extremely well on the minix and then just installing the addons you want.

You can use the addon installer from this site for easy install of some of your favored addons.

And yes, you can run minix xbmc alongside SPMC14.2 if you wish . ( You could also run TVMC and a Kodi version as well )