Can I install Kodi on a smart tv??

BlooToolips

Feb 16, 2016
Hi guys,

Please excuse me if this has been asked before...

I have installed Kodi on my Firestick but was wondering if I could directly install it onto a Samsung UE40H6400 tv?

Many thanks

zoro

Nov 25, 2014
The only chance to install kodi on smart-tv is the tv to run android. Your model is not, so you cant install kodi on this smart-tv

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
US of A (Deep Deep South)
I know LG also has models that you can install Kodi on directly. I have a friend that bought one recently and he indicated setup was a breeze and it ran well. I don't have the link handy but I will search for it and update this post if/when I find it. Google (or startpage in my case) is your friend.;)

Last edited:

wason9.2

Oct 17, 2015
Hi guys,

Please excuse me if this has been asked before...

I have installed Kodi on my Firestick but was wondering if I could directly install it onto a Samsung UE40H6400 tv?

Many thanks
Maybe, but you'd be better with separate hardware.
More and more tvs will be coming out with the ability to install anything on it. Doesn't mean you should.

You'll get better performance:price with separate hardware.

chief

Feb 15, 2016
many el cheapo Chinese "smart" tv's are android based, so Kodi can be installed.
if the specs of the tv are high enough to run Kodi smooth.. well that's another question..

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I came across this video earlier today...was about to try it on my tv, but I couldn't find my flash drive. Here is the link, it seems pretty easy.
https://youtu.be/QAWBYmMH17E
give it a try and let us know if and how well it works.

Actually don't its a known fake, that version is for raspberry pi or windows or Linux 64 bit and that's not what your tv has. It simply won't work.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Kodi Support 3
A Kodi Support 2
J Video Addons 4