can i play blu ray disks?

siamesetard

May 10, 2013
ive been using 1Ch**nel and Ic*f*lms for a few months now and loved it so much that i built a new computer just for xbmc. today it dawned on me, i havent tried to watch a blu ray in months and ive got a ton of them just collecting dust now. tried one and it would not work. is there a plugin or some easy way to acomplish blu ray disk playback in the xbmc program?

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
if you are running windows and you have bd compatible software like powerdvd or windvd installed then you could set up an advancedsettings.xml to play your bd movies.
i would help you better here if i could but i've never gotten around to trying an xml for bd (i just use my ps3)

with linux you could go for the makemkv addon, this also involves installing the makemkv app to your linux box.
the info you need can be found at xbmc.org.
i wish i could tell you more but it was so long ago that i done this on my openelec machine i cant remember the finer details.
as far as i can remember thers just a couple of zip files to dl and then install via xbmc.
it works well enough though i dont use it that often TBH.
there are no menus with the linux method.

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
It should will be able to play them directly if you have the codecs at least on RPi.
I have only played direct copy's but using a drive should work to.

On windows I'm not quite sure actually. Last time I checked people used the above method. I can try for you. But only have the iso as I do not own a bluray drive. I have a standalone player though. Heh

Here is another dude with a little hands on info (again RPi)
http://blog.pi3g.com/2013/01/raspberry-pi-can-play-bluray-discs/

Last edited:

vid

Nov 11, 2013
ive been using 1Ch**nel and Ic*f*lms for a few months now and loved it so much that i built a new computer just for xbmc. today it dawned on me, i havent tried to watch a blu ray in months and ive got a ton of them just collecting dust now. tried one and it would not work. is there a plugin or some easy way to acomplish blu ray disk playback in the xbmc program?
I did see a plugin for Kodi to play Blueray disks. Have a look on the addons.