can i update apple 2 tv and keep frodo on it ?

oakrad

Sep 6, 2013
can i update apple 2 tv and keep frodo on it , my daughter has apple 2 tv ,and wants to keep Frodo on it , she heard it works better than gotham , I don't have apple tv anymore ,so im not sure , can I update with nito installer and keep Frodo , or is gotham just as good.

vitalsigns

May 30, 2014
Hi,

I use Apple TV's for XBMC/Kodi. I also have Nito Installer and the version you get from Nito is Gothan 13.2 which is what I was using. However I had huge problems with HD content on Apple TVs where they would stop playing and reboot when I play a HD movie or any other HD program.
After a lot of research I found out some solutions:

I downgraded my Apple TV 2s to Frodo as this version works better with ATV2s. I also clear Cache and also delete packages very regularly all the time. All of this helps to get optimum service out of the Apple TV 2's

Hope the above helps!

Best

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
Spot on that's all you basically need to do i'm a die hard frodo 12.2 fan and i know all it's quirks and how to maintain and keep on top of things like using the bare minimum of add-ons this helps to keep it running sweet on both my ATV1+2:cool: