Can only get stereo

Spang

Nov 1, 2016
I've tried all settings in kodi, with no luck. I've tried two different HDMI cables, and one digital audio cable. I still can only get stereo sound ?! No center, rear, or subwoofer ? Any ideas to help get my Leel working ?
A newbie for sure
Thx in advance

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Have you set the correct output source for the method you are using in the box's Android Settings?

Have you Enabled Passthrough in Kodi's Audio Settings and then told it you have an AC3\DTS capable receiver as well?

When you are watching\listening to a 5.1 source is Enable Passthrough set to On when you bring up the Audio section of the OSD?

Check out hxxp://kodi.wiki/view/audio_quickstart_guide to get an idea as well.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Play something, press the 'M' or Enter key and then click on the loudspeaker icon when you see the OSD come up at the bottom of the screen.

Make sure 'Sync playback to display' is not set On in the System\Video\Playback Settings either as this will disable audio passthrough completely.

aseiras

May 23, 2017
I am confronting the same issue, several PCs, Android box, Raspberry Pi, none of them will give me any movie with 5.1. Is this the norm? to me sound is even more important than 1080 vs 720.
Thanks