can we still root firetv or not ?

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
someone mentioned that amazon can not be rooted lately beaux of an update to the software .

any one plz ?/??

jose8223

Aug 30, 2014
someone mentioned that amazon can not be rooted lately beaux of an update to the software .

any one plz ?/??
I read it was version version 51.1.2.0 How ever I did purchase mine last week from my local B.Buy store and it had version 51.1.1.0_user_511070220 on it and since I didn't give it any time to update I was able to root it. I believe with the new version you just cant root how ever you can still sideload and run xbmc

please correct me anyone if I am not correct

Last edited:

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Surprised you were able to root it. From what I know it doesn't matter what fw it's got when u buy it because it requires an update when you connect it.
Yes. You can still sideload and run XBMC and other apks without root. Think spmc is even available in Amazon app store now but not sure that version works. Most people download it from the source and then sideload.

j.bond

Nov 17, 2012
Just to confirm, I bought one from Amazon and it arrived last Thursday (09/25) with version 51.1.0.1_user_510055620 I thought I rooted it by blocking the sites (didn't work for me) was able to install Kodi remove Kodi and install XBMC 13.2...Also able to change Classic TV icon to show Kodi icon instead.