Can XBMC be installed on a Smart TV?

Ashleyj1980

Sep 24, 2015
I have seen a few videos on that YouTube saying how to install kodi on smart tv but I think there fake, don't work.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
You can install kodi on the newest sony tvs, they have android operating systems just like any typical tv box or tablet. But samsung makes the best looking tvs and their operating sytem will ot allow kodi to be installed as far as I know.

You are much better off with a typical tv box, windows computer, shield, fire tv, etc they are head and shoulders better than any smart tv.

Smart tvs are a gimmick, they make people think they are buying a True computer and they are far short of that.

steveuk23

Aug 9, 2015
Yeah I've got it installed on my Sony runs quite smooth but never use as I already have it on another device

triphan25

Mar 27, 2015
hi every body , if anyone know how to install kodi on smart tv like Samsung , then show me how ? I follow direction on you tube video , but did't work

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Major missing steps in that video. He tells you to use Linux but if you try to follow the instructions there aren't any.

Also there are minimum hardware requirements that most smart tvs dont have like 3d gpu rendering and a minimum of 1gb ram.

Even if you could install kodi on a Samsung smart tv I see no reason why you'd want to. There's not enough processing power, see buffering causes and myths, it will buffer like crazy due to hardware shortfalls.

I have a feeling the guy who made the YouTube video is just doing it for click counts.

For 50 bucks you can get a true android that solves all these issues. For 25 you can get a firestick.

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
I installed Kodi on a Sony W80C model the other day. Seems to work nice so far.
I ll finish it up today. I got it at Costco.