can you speed up xbmc

heavyd69

Oct 25, 2013
is there a way to speed up xbmc on ouya such as a fast boot to bypass all the ouya programs? it seems to be running slower than usual. I am running xbmc 12.2

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
you can use an free app from the ouya market called autopilot which will load ouya directly into xbmc.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I use a build of XBMC makes Kodi a launcher app. It means OUYA launcher is never launched or seen. It is perfect.

This is, in my opinion, your best option. The o rd mentioned above always felt slow and clunky. This has FOR ME been the BEST OPTION for the OUYA in my living room.

heavyd69

Oct 25, 2013
I use a build of XBMC makes Kodi a launcher app. It means OUYA launcher is never launched or seen. It is perfect.

This is, in my opinion, your best option. The o rd mentioned above always felt slow and clunky. This has FOR ME been the BEST OPTION for the OUYA in my living room.
That is just what i am looking for. Where can i find that build?

heavyd69

Oct 25, 2013
you can use an free app from the ouya market called autopilot which will load ouya directly into xbmc.
i tried that and it only works when you do a cold boot. i put my ouya in sleep mode so it doesnt activate that way

lartomar2002

Dec 23, 2012
Near Kennedy Space Center

I would like to know what build you are using also.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I thought I added the link. Simply search our forum for XBMC/KODI LAUNCHER.

I PUT MY DEVICE IN SLEEP MODE AS WELL, AND I NEVER HAVE ISSUES. It makes the XBMC your default launcher and hasn't failed me yet....reboots, sleep mode, or standby.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I thought I added the link. Simply search our forum for XBMC/KODI LAUNCHER.

I PUT MY DEVICE IN SLEEP MODE AS WELL, AND I NEVER HAVE ISSUES. It makes the XBMC your default launcher and hasn't failed me yet....reboots, sleep mode, or standby.
I searched and found nothing for ouya. I know of Autopilot but don't believe that's what you're referring to. I trust your expertise and thought I had tried every build of XBMC/Kodi and none of them launch the ouya directly into XBMC/Kodi. Could you please just put the link back up or just let us know what you're using. Much Thanks!

tahyti

Feb 12, 2014
i just installed it on ouya... it seams to work, the ouya launcher doesnt load anymore, ever.
Not sure how stable it is tho.
Showgun, did you change anything in settings at all? And do you use the 13.2 xbmc launcher or another one?

Cheers.