Cannot enter KODI due to TVADDONS screen

memphis9489

May 23, 2017
This just started...

When I try to start KODI, I first get a splash screen by TVADDONS that encourages me to visit and register with this site (which I obviously did). There are two options at the bottom of the screen: "Dismiss" and "Remind Later". For some reason, I cannot select either as it is not responsive to my remote control. "Remind Later" is highlighted, but when I hit the "Enter" button on my remote control, nothing happens. I cannot highlight "Dismiss". The screen is completely unresponsive to any cursor controls.

When I select "Home" on my remote, it goes back to my Firestick's home screen. When I select KODI as one of the applications - now the screen is just blank and KODI never starts. No splash screen. No KODI. Nothing.

Consequently, I can no longer use KODI.

Everything worked fine until I got that TVADDONS splash screen. Now, KODI is completely disabled.

Any ideas?

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
What kind of device is this on? Can you temporarily plug in a USB mouse and click the buttons? A USB keyboard will also work using the arrow keys and enter...

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
The only suggestion I have is to replace the batteries for your Firestick remote. There's just no reason you shouldn't be able to use the direction keys of the remote.