cannot install Kodi 17.1

lurac1

Apr 5, 2017
I know there are a lot of postings and I think I have tried everything suggested...I have mxq pro android 5.1, cpu 64 bit...I had the Jarvis on the kodi system...went thru the procedure to upgrade to the 17.1 and when I did the revert to factory setting it sent me back to the kodi 15.2 ...did it as the steps said on my 7th download all of which fail ...both from the play store and sideload... tried to upgrade to Jarvis as well but nothing has worked...tried to add fusion back in and I have that and was able to get indigo up and loaded....but still getting app not installed...
kodi install on /storage/emulated/0/Download/kodi-17.1-Krypton-arm64-v8a.apk
and Kodi/storage/emulated/0/Download/kodi-17.1-Krypton-arm64-v8a.1apk
are that last two downloads...
is there a way to just get back to the 15.2 and just do everything in one fix to get to the 17.1...or can you suggest step by step from say 15.2 to what I have to do to get to the Jarvis and get to where I can do the steps listed on the tv addons step by step upgrade on the website...
Help....sorry
so I reset the android back to the factory setting for android...manually added the fusion and the indigo ...had indigo configure the add ons...then once everything was up ...followed exactly what was on kodi tv addons and went to kodi android to add 17.1... and when I try it same result...still on 15.2...and the fusion and indigo is deleted and no kodi addons like 1 channel, Ex**us etc...

Last edited:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Not sure where you are going wrong, why not just go to the Google Play store and install/upgrade Kodi, or is that when it's failing?

lurac1

Apr 5, 2017
yes ...it will not work...It does the download but then it tells me when I go to the app installer it tells me it is installing but then it says X app not installed
when I look at the kodi screen it is still showing the 15.2

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
The most common causes of apks (the ones verified in the Play Store) not installing on Android devices is either not enough storage room on the device or corrupt storage on the device...

When you did the factory reset did you verify you are still on Android 5.0 or above?

Check system storage, delete any unneeded or unwanted Android apps on the device to free up as much space as possible... Uninstall Kodi from the device...

Install a file manager from the Play Store I recommend X-plorer...

Launch it and go to ..//sdcard/Android/data/ from there the actual file name might be different as some of these pre-loaded boxes install tweaked versions into different directories... Look for directories with names that contain kodi or xbmc once you get into the data folder and delete them...

Repeat the delete of any kodi or xbmc directories in the ..//sdcard/Android/obb/

Go back to the play store and try installing Kodi again...

lurac1

Apr 5, 2017
hullo...well I finally deleted all my kodi and then went and installed from the play store ...I don't know how it went but pretty smooth only one issue I installed the 17.0 but it worked and I did install the fusion and indigo and everything seems fine. I am happy with this maybe some day in the distant future I will try to upgrade it...thank you

lurac1

Apr 5, 2017
well today I went on and followed the exact process again and although the play store app would not work I tried the side load on and it went thru perfectly...so now everything running as it should...thank you

luton45

Apr 7, 2017
After deleting Kodi 16 I am unable to download 17.1 as I cannot get into Google Play Store with error message "This version of the app isn't compatible with your device. To fix this problem go to settings and uninstall updates for Google Play Store app." I don't understand what to do or fix this problem, can anybody help please?