cannot ssh into apple tv 1

bmwmkc323i

Mar 9, 2013
pleasanton, ca
Hi all,

I just got a apple tv 1 last night. I only used the atvflash 4.5 silver stick to jail break it and installed xbmc.

When I try to use winscp to get into the apple tv 1 using my IP address and name: frontrow password: frontrow

I keep getting "network connection refused". Have also tried [email protected] instead of my IP address also, but doesnt work.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Is there a solution for this? I've tried to search the forums but can't find the answer.

Thanks in advance!

J2048B

Jul 12, 2013
Alpine/frontrow or frontrow/frontrow or root/frontrow or root/alpine

Try 1 at a time andsee if any of them work?

And there maybe another combination but cant remember

bmwmkc323i

Mar 9, 2013
pleasanton, ca
It's atv / atv
I only tried frontrow/frontrow and atv/atv and both of these didn't work for me. But when I connected to my other apple tv 1 in another room using frontrow/frontrow, it was fine.

Anyways, I went ahead and installed crystalbuntu directly to my internal drive last night and it is pretty awesome. I posted a little review in my other post.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
I only tried frontrow/frontrow and atv/atv and both of these didn't work for me. But when I connected to my other apple tv 1 in another room using frontrow/frontrow, it was fine.

Anyways, I went ahead and installed crystalbuntu directly to my internal drive last night and it is pretty awesome. I posted a little review in my other post.
Install join.me and click share, pm me the url at the top, i will help you ssh if you want

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
I sent you a message crusader as I am having trouble ssh into apple 1

first: the usb port does not seem active cuz when i put flash in and power on, the apple is not loading the crystalbuntu, and the flash is NOT even blinking

thanks

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
Try pressing and holding the menu and minus keys during boot for 5-10 seconds as unit is turned on. This should force the recovery boot process.

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
I sent you a message crusader as I am having trouble ssh into apple 1

first: the usb port does not seem active cuz when i put flash in and power on, the apple is not loading the crystalbuntu, and the flash is NOT even blinking

thanks
It should force it to recognize the flash drive in the USB by forcing the recovery boot process.