can't add my USTVNOW account on Kodi even though its in settings.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
So I updated my atv4 to the latest version of Kodi and installed ustvnowplus.

i added my username and password n the settings but when I open the app it gives me the message that I have to register for a free account. I click okay and it opens the keyboard. So I add my email address and click ok and it goes back to the menu page and thats it. Kodi locks up and I have to restart it.

Anyone know how to fix this??

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
So I updated my atv4 to the latest version of Kodi and installed ustvnowplus.

i added my username and password n the settings but when I open the app it gives me the message that I have to register for a free account. I click okay and it opens the keyboard. So I add my email address and click ok and it goes back to the menu page and thats it. Kodi locks up and I have to restart it.

Anyone know how to fix this??
I have never seen this issue.

I am not sure if a debug log will help, but it would be a start.

Also would need to know what version you are running and other info that might help.

Thanks

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
hello,
Ive been on holidays for a few weeks but back now. Here is my log http://pastebin.com/7duhs8yJ

Im running Kodi version 17 Alpha1 on an apple tv 4. and USTVNOW version 14.3.4

I had it working awhile back but have had to re install Kodi a few times and since then can't get it to work. I see an error on the log file regarding USTVNOW but I don't know what it means.

Thanks for your help.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
hello,
Ive been on holidays for a few weeks but back now. Here is my log http://pastebin.com/7duhs8yJ

Im running Kodi version 17 Alpha1 on an apple tv 4. and USTVNOW version 14.3.4

I had it working awhile back but have had to re install Kodi a few times and since then can't get it to work. I see an error on the log file regarding USTVNOW but I don't know what it means.

Thanks for your help.
I have not started any testing for Kodi 17 so it doesn't surprise me that it is not working. I have a lot of work to do most likely. :)

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
This eventually started working so I assume you did a fix for it. Thanks very much. However I updated Kodi to the most recent version which was Kodi 17 Alpha 2 com-inked July 13 and I'm n0w having the same issues again where it's asking me to add an email address to register and just freezes once I do. Even though I added my account details in the settings screen.

Any help appreciated.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
This eventually started working so I assume you did a fix for it. Thanks very much. However I updated Kodi to the most recent version which was Kodi 17 Alpha 2 com-inked July 13 and I'm n0w having the same issues again where it's asking me to add an email address to register and just freezes once I do. Even though I added my account details in the settings screen.

Any help appreciated.
I didn't make any fixes. It is possible that it was a temporary issue with the USTVnow service. However, I haven't seen any issues lately.

As for Kodi 17. USTVnow Plus is not ready for it yet so I am not surprised there. I will have some work to do to get things ready for 17.

Wayne.hann

Sep 26, 2016
I have the same problem. ustvnow sideload installed on an Apple TV 4 via xcode/IOS app signer. When I add ustvnow I expect it to ask for username and password. It throws up a text entry dialog on the atv4 and I enter the username but it never asks for the password.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Wayne Hann

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have the same problem. ustvnow sideload installed on an Apple TV 4 via xcode/IOS app signer. When I add ustvnow I expect it to ask for username and password. It throws up a text entry dialog on the atv4 and I enter the username but it never asks for the password.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Wayne Hann
Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

So when you install it are you configuring the settings prior to running it for the first time? I am not sure if that would cause this. The idea is to do the initial setup during the first run. It shouldn't matter if you configured first, but the initial setup will still run. I just tested this and even though I configured before running USTVnow Plus first I still had to do the initial setup. However, it asked for email and password and ran just fine.

If you could post a log that might help.

Wayne.hann

Sep 26, 2016
I go through the standard install process and click 'Configure' and add my ustvnow email address and password. Then I run the add on. I get the message "Please register a FREE account at ustvnow before continuing'. When I hit ok, it brings me to a screen to enter something although it does not say what. When I enter my email address again it goes no further than the previous screen.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated. I will go look for the log now and post that as well.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I go through the standard install process and click 'Configure' and add my ustvnow email address and password. Then I run the add on. I get the message "Please register a FREE account at ustvnow before continuing'. When I hit ok, it brings me to a screen to enter something although it does not say what. When I enter my email address again it goes no further than the previous screen.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated. I will go look for the log now and post that as well.
I am not sure what to do to fix this as I am unable to reproduce the issue. It is recommended that you do not configure the addon after install. You should simply install it and run it and it will walk you through the steps to install. However, I have tested the steps that you have followed and I am still not able to reproduce the issue. It must be an issue specific to your device.

If you can provide a debug log I might be able to find something although I kinda doubt it.

Are you able to test it on any other device to see if you have the same issue? If you could install Kodi on a laptop for instance and reproduce the error there then I may be able to help more.

LChevele

Oct 8, 2016
Having same issue with a paid account...says Connection failed, please check your login credentials.

Wayne.hann

Sep 26, 2016
I see the log file on the apple tv 4. Not a jailbrooken ATV4. How do I get the log file off the device and into this forum? THanks for any help you can provide.

Wayne Hann

barbj050

Nov 17, 2016
I'm having same issue failed to connect check your login credentials...if I have a Gmail acct and just ustvnow acct..which password do I use.this my second day using Kodi and want to use ustv now
Thanks

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I'm having same issue failed to connect check your login credentials...if I have a Gmail acct and just ustvnow acct..which password do I use.this my second day using Kodi and want to use ustv now
Thanks
Can't use a USTVnow account that if you signed up with the Gmail login option. You will have to contact USTVnow and request that they change your account to an email/password account. I would mention Kodi since they will just say they do not support it. However, others have had this issue and they have just converted their account. Just tell them you would prefer to have to login with an email and password and not have it tied to your Gmail account that way.

If this is not a paid account you could also just open a new free account using another email address.

Hope that helps.

barbj050

Nov 17, 2016
Can't use a USTVnow account that if you signed up with the Gmail login option. You will have to contact USTVnow and request that they change your account to an email/password account. I would mention Kodi since they will just say they do not support it. However, others have had this issue and they have just converted their account. Just tell them you would prefer to have to login with an email and password and not have it tied to your Gmail account that way.

If this is not a paid account you could also just open a new free account using another email address.

Hope that helps.
I do sign in with myy email account but with a different password for ustvnow

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I do sign in with myy email account but with a different password for ustvnow
Ok, but when you signed up for USTVnow did you use the sign up with Google or did you just happen to use your gmail account as the email?

If it is the latter then you should use the password you set at USTVnow. I assume you can login to the website with the creds?

If you can login at the website, then I am not sure. If you send me a PM I might be able to help with some troubleshooting tips. They use some private tools that I use for debugging stuff.

drmikeb

Nov 22, 2016
I am having same issues as well. Atv4 every time I try to click on a channel it keeps asking me to sign up and it gets stuck. I signed up with a email account. When I signed up for the account it said they recognize I'm in the us and it will only work outside the us. Could this be the problem thats creating the message?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am having same issues as well. Atv4 every time I try to click on a channel it keeps asking me to sign up and it gets stuck. I signed up with a email account. When I signed up for the account it said they recognize I'm in the us and it will only work outside the us. Could this be the problem thats creating the message?
I do not believe they do any geo blocking to prevent you from watching in the US. They say that you can't, but in my experience this is not the case.

So when you first installed USTVnow Plus did you get prompted for the Email and Password for the account when you first installed it?

Have you tried just going into the settings and setting the email/password there and re-running?