can't add my USTVNOW account on Kodi even though its in settings.

Lordwill0722

Jan 5, 2017
Came here with same issue. With Kodi at the RC stage with 17, I'm sure in the next few days/weeks, more people will update so hopefully you had time to make it work.

With the Apple TV, when a text input comes up, it's not the tradional keyboard as like every other version of Kodi, so I'm assuming your code is getting mixed up there some how as once we put the email address in and hit done like normal, it just stalls waiting for a pop up for enter password.

I tried manually typing in all my settings, including password, account info, account active, date opened plan, and even version info, all manually and it still won't allow us to go past the "make sure you select a free account first.

If there was a way to bypass the instant pop up message, or if there was a way to tell the app if UID/PW was already put into settings that would work

I also seen a USTVnow app for the Apple TV that was suppose to be coming? Any info on that as that would save every Apple TV owner with Kodi all this headache for the ustv now

Btw. The service is awesome, best 30 bucks for HD stream I can find. I appreacite the value you have. I hope that any one of the solutions can be implemented

I'll follow the post closely and see what happens

Thanks again

**edit - found the antenna app for ATV4. Installed it and works great. A shame that it wasn't allowed on the App Store.

Hopefully the Kodi part gets fixed as I'm sure it will **

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Came here with same issue. With Kodi at the RC stage with 17, I'm sure in the next few days/weeks, more people will update so hopefully you had time to make it work.

With the Apple TV, when a text input comes up, it's not the tradional keyboard as like every other version of Kodi, so I'm assuming your code is getting mixed up there some how as once we put the email address in and hit done like normal, it just stalls waiting for a pop up for enter password.

I tried manually typing in all my settings, including password, account info, account active, date opened plan, and even version info, all manually and it still won't allow us to go past the "make sure you select a free account first.

If there was a way to bypass the instant pop up message, or if there was a way to tell the app if UID/PW was already put into settings that would work

I also seen a USTVnow app for the Apple TV that was suppose to be coming? Any info on that as that would save every Apple TV owner with Kodi all this headache for the ustv now

Btw. The service is awesome, best 30 bucks for HD stream I can find. I appreacite the value you have. I hope that any one of the solutions can be implemented

I'll follow the post closely and see what happens

Thanks again

**edit - found the antenna app for ATV4. Installed it and works great. A shame that it wasn't allowed on the App Store.

Hopefully the Kodi part gets fixed as I'm sure it will **
Thanks for the info. I don't have an Apple TV so this is kinda hard to test. However, I will look at simplifying the initial checks and possibly allowing a bypass. The reason that it doesn't allow for the username/password being entered to bypass the setup is that at one point I overhauled the old version and I needed to ensure that the user was setup with the new addon. I may be able to do away with that now as it has been sometime since the old addon was around.

Thanks

Lordwill0722

Jan 5, 2017
Yeh, if you need me to test anything, let me know. Thanks again for the support.

Tried the NTNA app, however buffers about 5-20 seconds into the stream, likely just an issue with 1.0 release.

Would love to have the all in on solution from Kodi (as others likely do as well)

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Yeh, if you need me to test anything, let me know. Thanks again for the support.

Tried the NTNA app, however buffers about 5-20 seconds into the stream, likely just an issue with 1.0 release.

Would love to have the all in on solution from Kodi (as others likely do as well)
Cool thanks.

What is the NTNA app?

Lordwill0722

Jan 5, 2017
Over 5000 views and counting, any word on updating Apple TV / Kodi login issue? Removing the pop up on first launch? Adding UID manually perhaps to verify? Please let us know. Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Over 5000 views and counting, any word on updating Apple TV / Kodi login issue? Removing the pop up on first launch? Adding UID manually perhaps to verify? Please let us know. Thanks
The number of views doesn't have any relation to when I will have time to fix. I am not a paid developer here and the addon is free. I will look into this once I have time to do so.

Not trying to be rude here. Just want to be sure things are clear.

gredkar

Feb 3, 2017
The number of views doesn't have any relation to when I will have time to fix. I am not a paid developer here and the addon is free. I will look into this once I have time to do so.

Not trying to be rude here. Just want to be sure things are clear.
I have the same issue, first time I entered I had a a typo and now even after uninstalling USTVNOW, KODI amd also cleaning up cache, packages, deleting the addon-data directory and reinstalling KODI the problem of connection failed still persists. I even force cleaned the token multiple times, created 2 new accounts , activvated them and tested still the issue remains. Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have the same issue, first time I entered I had a a typo and now even after uninstalling USTVNOW, KODI amd also cleaning up cache, packages, deleting the addon-data directory and reinstalling KODI the problem of connection failed still persists. I even force cleaned the token multiple times, created 2 new accounts , activvated them and tested still the issue remains. Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.
There was a change on the USTVnow side of things. Be sure you are on v14.4.9 of USTVnow Plus.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
There was a change on the USTVnow side of things. Be sure you are on v14.4.9 of USTVnow Plus.
Ive updated to the latest version 14.4.9 but still having the same issues Ive had since I started this thread and for every version since then. Cannot enter username and password. It worked on my iPad for quite awhile but now with the latest version it crashes Kodi on my iPad. So I can't watch it on the ATV4 or the iPad.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Ive updated to the latest version 14.4.9 but still having the same issues Ive had since I started this thread and for every version since then. Cannot enter username and password. It worked on my iPad for quite awhile but now with the latest version it crashes Kodi on my iPad. So I can't watch it on the ATV4 or the iPad.
There is a known issue with ATV. I suppose it is an issue with Apple products in general. I have not had a chance to fix. I hope to get a work around in as soon as I can.

Frankc111

Mar 20, 2017
I am having the exact same problem as Truman47 is describing. ATV 4 and Kodi 17.0 i have uninstalled and reinstalled, my USTV now works on my fire tv but locks up on ATV 4 please help my wife is ready to kill me.
TIA, Frank

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am having the exact same problem as Truman47 is describing. ATV 4 and Kodi 17.0 i have uninstalled and reinstalled, my USTV now works on my fire tv but locks up on ATV 4 please help my wife is ready to kill me.
TIA, Frank
I have not had time to look at a fix for this. One issue that I have is that I don't have an ATV. I will probably have to rework the setup steps to be more universal or provide a way to work around the ATV issues. Just need to work out some Kodi 17 issues too.

Lordwill0722

Jan 5, 2017
Just checking in, any update? Did you end up getting an Apple TV to test? I've seen the updates for ustvnow now and the guide but nothing for the login. Remember it's a totally different keyboard that comes up on the Apple TV then anything else. If you need me to test anything, Let me know. Thanks again

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Just checking in, any update? Did you end up getting an Apple TV to test? I've seen the updates for ustvnow now and the guide but nothing for the login. Remember it's a totally different keyboard that comes up on the Apple TV then anything else. If you need me to test anything, Let me know. Thanks again
I have not gotten an Apple TV. However, I just sent an update to be pushed out. I have basically added a step to the "install wizard" that asks if you are using Apple TV. If you click yes then it skips the rest of the install steps and lets you enter the credentials manually. This should allow Apple TV users to use the addon.

The version is 14.5.3. It should be available from the repo soon. I look forward to hearing if this works.

Thanks

Lordwill0722

Jan 5, 2017
Just installed on Apple TV, works flawless! Easy to hit have an Apple TV and go right into settings and enter your details. Fantastic to have the speed of the ATV 4 and ustvnow. Thanks so much. Will spread the word

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Just installed on Apple TV, works flawless! Easy to hit have an Apple TV and go right into settings and enter your details. Fantastic to have the speed of the ATV 4 and ustvnow. Thanks so much. Will spread the word
That is wonderful to hear!!! I was hoping this simple approach would work.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
mhancoc your doing a fantastic job around here, thanks..
Thank you very much for the vote of confidence. That really means a lot. It can be a challenge to keep up with everything and address all the variations on user issues especially when this is all done as a hobby in my spare time.

Thanks!

Gannd

Sep 14, 2013
Hi!

I'm still unable to use the USTVNow addon on my ATV4. I'm running Kodi 17.1 and the latest version of the addon. I can configure the addon with my free credentials of USTVNow. I already tried deleting and reinstalling Kodi and the addon. Can you help me?

Thanks!