cant cut cord with kodi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
When i first got my kodi box i was thrilled, that i could kill my cable...after about 2 weeks of not finding content, not watching local channels, not watching movies, when i wanted, i posted a rant here and got bashed like crazy.
I decided to give it another try...its been 3 mos now, and i have really tried it , bottom line.
If you like movies and tv shows...dont cut your cable are sat tv....unless you want to deal with all the problems with kodi.
after 3 mos...
sometimes addons work sometimes they dont
sometimes you can watch a movie, sometimes you cant.
sometimes it will lock up on working..and you have to reset the whole thing
sometimes the movies will say there 1080, and there 720
sometimes they may be in 480 are buffer so bad that you cant watch.
sometimes no add will work at all, and not update.
sometimes it works perfect
developers guit there projects and your stuck with a useless addon
last night it took 30 minutes before i could find a 2014 movies that worked in 720 dpi
thats too long..bottom line if you have paitence and dont care how long it takes to watch something..kodi is for you.
i love the idea of kodi...but its not reliable enough for me to cut my cable.
maybe if they get the bugs worked out, and reliable developers are better ways to stream.it would be good.
but not now... I love my driect tv, but i still love kodi when its working.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
I Would love to know the title of the 2014 movie it took you 30 mins to find a 720dpi version of, if you're willing to share it that is. Unless it's one of those they have in the shops where you have to be 18 or over to enter? Just curiosity on my part I must admit, to see how I'd go about finding it for myself.

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
This is nonsense!
I watch Tv and Movies almost every day and have issue with only FoX news, Big Ten Network, and rarely a sports event.

If anything my issue is some of the addons give me shows/movies before there are really quality feeds but tough it out. So we will miss you.
good bye!

FORD

Oct 24, 2013
Admittedly, it would be much easier if Hulu still worked, you could get things like Sling Tv and Netflix to work with it, and most decent quality news feeds didn't disappear nearly as fast as they went up.

But even with those minor hassles, I'm definitely never going back to cable TV, and doubt I'm even going back to Android, until they can get ALL the bloat (including ad spam) out of it. Which won't happen as long as Google (world's #1 ad spam generator) controls Android.

I actually managed to watch the whole Super Bowl with only two minor glitches in the stream this year, so I don't have any major complaints with Kodi-powered "TV" at the moment.

Blazetamer

Mar 3, 2013
The Yellow Brick Road
maybe if they get the bugs worked out, and reliable developers are better ways to stream.it would be good.
but not now... I love my driect tv, but i still love kodi when its working.

Your right we need reliable developers...
Your right you should definitely NOT use Kodi or ANY addons ever again.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is obvious from your post that what you really want is cable. So NO, don't kill your cable, Kodi is certainly not for you. It is a great system made to watch local content. If you want to use it to stream movies and TVShows from unreliable hosters, you can accept that it might not be perfect. For perfect streaming every time, I would recommend Netflix and for live content, stick with your DTV.

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
Hmm.. I put you in the dic* list back with you original rant.

Been a while, so looked at this post to see if you had grown up.

NOPE

You are back as king of he hill.

How about you give up and leave us all in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.