Can't disable community News popup

Statik

May 13, 2016
Hi all,
Recently the three Kodi boxes I have, raspberry Pi with openelec, Kodi 17.3, have started having the community news popup occur several times an hour, sometimes within seconds of dismissing it.
I have opted out in the Indigo tool and nothing has changed.
How can I get rid of this popup?
Thanks,
Rod

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
There is an update on the way that should fix this issue. If you cant wait for the new update you could always uninstall Indigo and reinstall when the update is out. You might also be able to roll back to an earlier version if you haven't removed the packages

egwphd

Jan 23, 2013
I tried to delete Indigo, but popup said not allowed.

Kecruz85

Banned
Aug 22, 2016
Tvaddons is blocking certain addons from working. Indigo is basically malware. It prevents addons from working and blocks their repos. Very shady group. I deleted the tvaddons repo, deleted urlresolver, and then deleted indigo. I only use addons that use resolveurl not urlresolver because they made indigo a dependency to urlresolver so you can’t install it without indigo self installing. Indigo also blocks other repos and addons from working. Google it. It’s crazy. Stay far far away from anything connected to tvaddons.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You cant uninstall because an other addon is depending on it to work. Cindy which addon that is, disable it and proceed to uninstalling indigo.

DOG_winforums

May 31, 2020
Follow Tech Nick's video exactly. Nothing easy or straightforward about the removal but it can be done. With that out of the way I bring you Tech Nick's url resolver removal scheme. Neither Nick or I have seen any change once it gone except no more popups