Can't install Fusion on Kodi Jarvis 16.1

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
I just recently joined the TV Addons Forum. This is my very first time ever to join any forum. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to modding thing. I need help with downloading programs to Kodi Jarvis. I always get an error message & I tried to follow the instructions posted on your website under Basic Issues (Posting Error Logs). When I reached Step 3 & scrolled down, I could NOT find the “TVA Log Uploader” program addon listed. Therefore, I was unable to continue to following steps. I really did not know what else I can do except to write you this email.

I have an Amazon Fire TV & I was able a month ago to successfully download Kodi Jarvis 16.1. I installed "Fusion" & eventually TV Addons program. I was able to open & watch programs such as Ex**us, Pho*nix, etc. Everything was working fine until 2 days ago Kodi froze & I had to force quit the program. In this process I also stupidly hit "Clear data & Clear cache" in the Settings on my Fire TV. Unfortunately, I did not know that this action will wipe all the programs I download earlier on Kodi. Next day I tried to re-install "Fusion" by typing under Add Source "http://fusion.tvaddons.co/". However, I started getting the following error message:
"Could not retrieve directory information. This could be due to network not being connected". I tried several times to repeat the process, making sure that I typed the address correct & that I was connected to the internet. I also tried adding other sources but still got the same error message.

Your help & advise regarding the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You might have reset your internet connection. If the address for fusion is right then the internet connection is what I would look at next. Try and go to the Android apps (not inside Kodi) and see if you can run anything that could connect to the internet. A browser would work fine. If you using the box's browser, type the Fusion address in the address bar see if that connects.
You might also want to try some addons from the Kodi Repo see if any of those work.

If that all works, remove/uninstall Kodi completely and start with a brand new installation.

NOTE: Step 3 in the guide assumes you have fusion installed correctly. If you can't connect to net, you won't be able to set Fusion as your source and won't be able to get the TVA Log Uploader.

You can post your log manually by going to your profile folder, grab the log and post it manually at the top of the forum.
https://logs.tvaddons.co/
Then post the link here.

Last edited:

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
Thank u for your reply & suggestions. I followed your suggestions, however my problem is still not resolved. Here is what I have done so far.
1. I am certain that my internet is working b/c I can watch Netflix, Amazon prime movies & other apps on my fire stick.
2. I completely uninstalled Kodi & started fresh with a new successful installation of Kodi Jarvis 16.1
3. I tried installing Fusion by typing in the Add Source "http://fusion.tvaddons.co" but still get the error massage "Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway"
4. Finally, I decided to reset my fire stick to its original factory settings & start from scratch. I successfully logged back to my account & successfully reinstalled Kodi Jarvis 16.1. Then I tried again installing Fusion but got the same error message.

I don't know what else I can do. Help please.

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
Thank u for your reply & suggestions. I followed your suggestions, however my problem is still not resolved. Here is what I have done so far.
1. I am certain that my internet is working b/c I can watch Netflix, Amazon prime movies & other apps on my fire stick.
2. I completely uninstalled Kodi & started fresh with a new successful installation of Kodi Jarvis 16.1
3. I tried installing Fusion by typing in the Add Source "http://fusion.tvaddons.co" but still get the error massage "Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway"
4. Finally, I decided to reset my fire stick to its original factory settings & start from scratch. I successfully logged back to my account & successfully reinstalled Kodi Jarvis 16.1. Then I tried again installing Fusion but got the same error message.

I don't know what else I can do. Help please.

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
I did not include the quotation marks. I just put it to distinguish it from my on text.

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
I would like to point out the following: I think my main problem is that Kodi is NOT allowing me to download any new source. For example, I just tried adding the following source http://srp.nu/ and I still got the same error message. As I said earlier, I am certain that I am connected to the internet. I don't know if there is something wrong with the Kodi Jarvis 16.1 version that I downloaded or what??

hakmawongzi

Sep 18, 2015
Canada
Can you please post a screen shot of the screen where you type in the TV add-on address ? Don't feel bad, lots of people make mistake when they are entering the info here.....

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
I am logged to my iPad, I took a picture of the screen (from my TV) where I try to add source in Kodi as u requested. However, I do not know how to post this picture on Forum. I tried different things but still could not figure it out. The picture is saved in my "Photo App". I apologize for my ignorance. Any suggestions?

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Upload it to imgur (no account required) and post the link to it here.

Can you go to the link in your browser? Using your device (not your ipad, but your Kodi device), click it in the forum here. Follow the instructions of what to install, but you'll download the files that way. Then in Kodi, go to addons, install from zip files, and go to your download location and install them one by one.

hakmawongzi

Sep 18, 2015
Canada
From the first picture, I can see the address is wrong. The address from the second picture is correct thou. So something must have happened from you entering the address till you type in the name.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
If I had to punt an answer then...based on the first pic....I would say you have entered the name for the media source in the media location box and the media location in the media source box. i.e. you have entered them the wrong way round. From what I can glean from the pics anyway.

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
Thanks to your comments & suggestions, I was able to find my mistake. My issue now has been resolved.

BBMS

Oct 29, 2016
What was the solution? I've had the same issue multiple times. First time I had to factory reset, now I bought a second firestick for another room and it's doing it for this one. I was somehow able to get Ex**us installed but nothing else is working. Keep getting 'failed to install from zip file' as well as the same message as above.

TVHDSC

Oct 16, 2016
Hey BBMS,
I am kind of embarrassed to tell u the solution. Basically, I was inserting information in the wrong place. Here is what I was doing:
1. when I went to add source, I typed "http//:fusion.tvaddons.co" in the box below "Enter the path or browse ..."
2. then I was supposed to scroll below & type any name such as "fusion"
3. Instead of step 2, I typed "fusion" in place of the above URL. I was supposed to type it in the box at the bottom of the page.
That is the reason why I kept getting my error message. It was a very silly mistake from my part. I do not think u are doing my same mistake. I think u may have another bug. Good luck.

packrat

Feb 11, 2015
cold country
I have tried loading fusion on rasp.pi 3 and when I type the url for fusion ,It adds a slash at the end of the url and I cant get rid of it so it lists the wrong url for fusion ex. http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ I cant get rid of slash at the end . It puts it there automatically????