Can't install fusion

Shredder1uk

Jun 26, 2016
Hi guys, installed a fresh version of kodi on my firestick but every time i try to install fusion or anything else i get the "can't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected message. The firestick is connected to my network and can't figure out why I'm getting thay message. Any idea guys ?

AzzidReign

Jul 5, 2016
Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've retyped the url numerous times and I get the "couldn't retrieve direction information. This could be due to the network not being connect[...]" error. I can access the URL on my desktop, I'm trying to install this on my Nvidia Shield TV.

edit: Guess I had to remove the source from the first time I tried a while ago and got that error and re-enter it. It is now working. Sorry for the dumb post. Thought editing the original one from the first time would have triggered to re-try the directory, but I guess not.

Last edited:

domelogic

Jul 29, 2016
Maybe someone can help. I have installed Kodi to two fire sticks but when I was doing my last one it would appear in my apps but fusion does not show up under system/settings/install from zip file. Had no problem with the first two as it was there without doing anything but installing apk kodi version. Deleted Kodi several times, then reinstalled and used both 16.0 and 16.1 to see if that might do it. I am not all that technical but followed directions well enough the first two times. Any help is appreciated

lornawojo

Aug 6, 2016
Hello, So I blindly followed the youtube instructions and used the 'xbmchub.com' address, so now how do i get rid of this and use the tvaddon address? oh I am giving up on trying to figure out this box thingy and was trying to install on my Galaxy tabs s2

Check80

Aug 10, 2016
Hi,

I am having the same challenge here where i got the error message "unable to connect". I've type the URL into the browser and it seems there is no issue. What you guys have done to be able to resolve this?

Thanks.

Check80

Aug 10, 2016
[/IMG]

No problem with the URL on desktop, i just can't seem to get it working on Kodi..

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
[/IMG]

No problem with the URL on desktop, i just can't seem to get it working on Kodi..
Assuming this is a Windows box, click Alt Tab on your computer and see if you have a firewall warning window. I think the firewall is blocking Kodi from accessing the internet.

Idok Fire

Check80

Aug 10, 2016
Hi guys, I finally managed to get it working, it was the firewall that was culprit... thank you Idok Fire!

Sent from my vivo V3Max using Tapatalk

Garryshaw23

Aug 12, 2016
Couldn't retrieve direction information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Been getting this for a week now. Checked firewall and seemed fine. Checked url its also fine. and yes it is spelled right. Reset internet modem and router.. Im very frustrated any help would be greatly appreciated.