Can't load more than one GVideo link using URL Resolver in my plugin

nadnerbsregdor

Jan 6, 2017
Hello all,

I have read a few Python tutorials and attempted to create a small plugin for Kodi which will display a few links to a few video files hosted on Google Video.

The code is below

Code:
import sys
import xbmcgui
import xbmcplugin
import xbmc
import os
import urlresolver

player = xbmc.Player()
video = media_url = urlresolver.resolve('https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2L3R****gN3dE9SMnJONzhTbmM/view?usp=sharing')
video2 = media_url = urlresolver.resolve('https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fpx*****LUN1Ti1QSkpDYzQ/view?usp=sharing')
icon1 = 'http://static.tvbuzer.com/images/shows/sources/16/167d3599c20a3cfa45f20b3dab7ce8da-26639.jpg'

addon_handle = int(sys.argv[1])

def addDir (url, title, icon):
    li = xbmcgui.ListItem(title , iconImage=icon)
    xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=addon_handle, url=url, listitem=li)

addDir (video, 'Episode 1' , icon1)
addDir (video2, 'Episode 2' , icon1)

xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(addon_handle)
When i load the plugin, the two episodes are listed. When i click on the first episode, it loads correctly. When i click the second episode, it attempts to play (play icon shows up in bottom left), but it doesnt load.

I first thought that there was an issue with the code or link for "video2" but what is strange is if i put a different link, such as a "thevideo.me" link, in places of the gvideo link there is no issue and both links load correctly.

It seems when there are multiple links from gvideo it will only loads Episode One.

Can anyone see in the code why this issue might be occuring?

Logs showing the output when the issue occurs is below

http://pastebin.com/Hnwdr2Jj

** asteriks are in place to hide video link, if actual link is needed i can upload log without asteriks
** r2 google video link is for episode one and does load
**r5 google video link is for episode two and doesnt load.

Many thanks to anyone who reads this and also to anyone who can help me fix this issue

UPDATE: I have tried to replace the gvideo links with the video.me links and everything works with no issue, so it seems the issue I am having is only with gvideo links.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

k3l3vra

Banned
Jun 10, 2016
Please don't post your log directly to the forum. Upload it to a pastebin and post the link in the forum.

nadnerbsregdor

Jan 6, 2017
UPDATE : I have tried a few thevideo.me links to replace the gvideo links and these all resolve and load correctly, so the issue in my plugin seems to only occur when using more than one gvideo link.

The log I posted seems to have been removed,

ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)
seems to be the error displayed in the log when the second gvideo link (episode 2) is clicked.

ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 403 <gvideo episode 2 link was shown here>
ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 403 for ERROR: Open - failed to open source <gvideo episode 2 link was shown here>
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream
These three error types seem to be present just after the above error i posted.

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
UPDATE : I have tried a few thevideo.me links to replace the gvideo links and these all resolve and load correctly, so the issue in my plugin seems to only occur when using more than one gvideo link.

The log I posted seems to have been removed,

seems to be the error displayed in the log when the second gvideo link (episode 2) is clicked.

These three error types seem to be present just after the above error i posted.
The 403 error means either the video has been deleted or it requires some form of authentication.

nadnerbsregdor

Jan 6, 2017
The 403 error means either the video has been deleted or it requires some form of authentication.
Thanks for the info tknorris, I will try another few newly uploaded gvideo links soon and see if they will work. The url resolver works beautifully with mail.ru cloud links, so I might look into that as well.

nadnerbsregdor

Jan 6, 2017
Think this may be an issue with my add-on structure as when I create individual folders with a listitem for each gvideo item it works with no issue. It seems to be when there are two listitem in one directiory that the second link never loads.