Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I Hate It

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
What would everyone think of combining Bello & Carbon??

Option 1 - Incorporation a Horizontal Home Slider bar to Carbon as an option (alternative Homescreen toggle)
Option 2 - Mod Bello to incorporate customizable home icons & shelf above home slider bar

Here is a concept image (very rough draft)

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
Sure, but can it be a whole new skin? I like Carbon just how it is!
I agree. Carbon will too big in file size which will limit how many people use this awesome skin. People you need to check out @iCanuck Bello Nero Mod. I think it needs its own thread. After a short while of tinkering its become my number 1 Bello skin. Lots of the niggling issues stopping this skin from being a must , have been FIXED plus some extras added in.
Theres also a few more surprise skin mods coming I suspect so people add iCanucks repo to your XBMC/Kodi setups ...You won be disapointed. +1 rep iCanuck

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Ya ive decided to make the Bello Nero project completely seperate. I have created another thread for this project, but Carbon will take priority over Nero.

I am going to release one more update for Carbon to add a few features and mainly fix some bugs. After that I am going to take a much needed break for a week as I've been working on Carbon non-stop lately.

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
Ya ive decided to make the Bello Nero project completely seperate. I have created another thread for this project, but Carbon will take priority over Nero.

I am going to release one more update for Carbon to add a few features and mainly fix some bugs. After that I am going to take a much needed break for a week as I've been working on Carbon non-stop lately.
Yes we know Carbon is your 1st Born child...lol...Take that break and come back with some awesome new ideas. Thanks for the hard work as always.

HenryFord

Jan 6, 2014
Hey iCanuck, small request - can you make up a little home icon that I could use for Christmas movies?, ie stocking, christmas tree, something like that. Thanks.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
What would everyone think of combining Bello & Carbon??

Option 1 - Incorporation a Horizontal Home Slider bar to Carbon as an option (alternative Homescreen toggle)
Option 2 - Mod Bello to incorporate customizable home icons & shelf above home slider bar

Here is a concept image (very rough draft)

I`ve been using Carbon since you brought it out to play and love it but I`m giving Bello a shot now because of the great job you did with Carbon.
My preference would be for you to leave them separate. I have a few devices so I can experiment and enjoy your other work on different machines.
Great job!

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
I`ve been using Carbon since you brought it out to play and love it but I`m giving Bello a shot now because of the great job you did with Carbon.
My preference would be for you to leave them separate. I have a few devices so I can experiment and enjoy your other work on different machines.
Great job!
The plan is to have 3 seperate skins...
Carbon, Bello Nero, and a seperate Bello Nero with Favorite Buttons per category and lots of mods.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I have your touch version on one of our nexus 7's still working. I can't think of any issues with that. Looking forward to see what's ahead! Wow 3 skins on the go. Get some sleep! A little concerned about the Spor**dev*l shutdown and any precedents that sets.
Great work regardless!

oso

Sep 19, 2012
Icanuk, whats the missing dependancy in Kodi, I have checked the addon xml and everything is installed but no joy.

nm, edited xbmc.gui to 5.3.0 and that worked.

edit 2:

I gave your skin a good test over the weekend on both Gotham and Kodi and is very slick, what you have added since the Sio2 from fastcolors is a massive improvement. Three things that seem to be broken are:

1. The keyboard which shows no letters when trying to add a location in weather setting.
2. Live TV just shows a grey/black screen after adding content. Reverted back to confluence and it worked fine.
3. a couple of sections in general settings will not allow you to use the keyboard to navigate, had to move to a mouse to select options.

Keep up the great work. This skin is great.

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Icanuk, whats the missing dependancy in Kodi, I have checked the addon xml and everything is installed but no joy.

nm, edited xbmc.gui to 5.3.0 and that worked.

edit 2:

I gave your skin a good test over the weekend on both Gotham and Kodi and is very slick, what you have added since the Sio2 from fastcolors is a massive improvement. Three things that seem to be broken are:

1. The keyboard which shows no letters when trying to add a location in weather setting.
2. Live TV just shows a grey/black screen after adding content. Reverted back to confluence and it worked fine.
3. a couple of sections in general settings will not allow you to use the keyboard to navigate, had to move to a mouse to select options.

Keep up the great work. This skin is great.
Thanks! Are you having those issues on Gotham or Helix?

There will need to be some changes made to the skin for Helix, I am not planning on updating until stable Helix is released.

oso

Sep 19, 2012
Gotham these problems exist, I wouldn't pester you with things on koi just yet :). I have replicated the errors above on different machines.

oso

Sep 19, 2012
nice release. A few things I have picked up while testing. remote does not function in the sub sections of settings.

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
nice release. A few things I have picked up while testing. remote does not function in the sub sections of settings.
Thanks, yes I noticed that. Also the weather shelf labels are mis-aligned, I am sure there are label issues as they are handled differently in Helix.

I will also be looking into the issues you had in previous posts, hopefully have fixed for next update.

I am at a point where I don't want to do too much development as Carbon-Gotham & Carbon-Helix are different projects now. I hope to get all the bugs out of both versions before stable Helix is released. Once Helix is released I will be putting a lot more time into Carbon for new features.

Last edited: