• It Needs Work

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I Hate It

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I have another issue that happens when I enter the Programs menu to use a program on my Ouya that when I go to back out of the program it doesn't go back to the Program menu, it crashes XBMC. I tried to bypass going into the Program menu by adding a shortcut for the Add-on Installer and Maintenance Tool to the home screen but it still crashes when I go to exit either program. I switched back to Confluence and it doesn't do it with that skin. It doesn't happen at all on my Win7 laptop, it works just fine. I don't know whether it's skin related or android related or Ouya related. I actually reset my Ouya the other day and started a fresh install of XBMC 13.1 and it still happened, I then installed 13.2 Beta 1 and it still does it. Stumped.

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
I have another issue that happens when I enter the Programs menu to use a program on my Ouya that when I go to back out of the program it doesn't go back to the Program menu, it crashes XBMC. I tried to bypass going into the Program menu by adding a shortcut for the Add-on Installer and Maintenance Tool to the home screen but it still crashes when I go to exit either program. I switched back to Confluence and it doesn't do it with that skin. It doesn't happen at all on my Win7 laptop, it works just fine. I don't know whether it's skin related or android related or Ouya related. I actually reset my Ouya the other day and started a fresh install of XBMC 13.1 and it still happened, I then installed 13.2 Beta 1 and it still does it. Stumped.
I actually have to redo my friends Ouya for him next week. I will try it out then

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
I have pushed version 0.0.6 on my Repo. Many different Icon Themes Added....

(BlueGray,DarkBlue,Fabric,Grunge,LightBlue,Orange,Red,SiO2,SiO2X-old)

Last edited:

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
I am using your skin on my pc and ouya and love it. I'm also using the new Genesis add-on and love it, however on both platforms the screen flickers like crazy when xbmc itself updates and when the library updates. I switched back to confluence to see if it did it and it was fine. I also use Trakt and when I open up the Trakt dialogue box from where you change your view options the dialogue box is white and you can barely see the options. Really appreciate your work on this skin, Thanks. I'm happy to test things if I'm able, to help you with this as one canuck to another. LOL. I'm in Winnipeg.
With the screen flickering issue. I have confirmed this happens on Sio2-X as well. It's the homescreen and shelf items refreshing as it updates the library/addons. There is not much I can do about it.

I have replicate xbmc crashing when exiting the programs menu both on the ouya and other android tv boxes I have.
I believe it has something to do with being able to integrate android apps to the programs menu. I am working on a fix.

Last edited:

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for letting me know. I figured it was just too much happening at once that was causing it. I noticed that today when I backed out after using the maintenance tool, which I placed on the add-on shelf, it didn't go back to the screen that would normally have the android apps and program add-ons showing and XBMC didn't crash. But when I accessed it through the programs button and then backed out, it crashed. Glad you were able to replicate it and hopefully find a fix for it. I'll keep using the skin even with the flicker as I really like it and how it works with Genesis, Trakt, TV Shows-Next Aired and the library. Thanks for all your work, I'm really enjoying the way my set-up is looking and running.

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for letting me know. I figured it was just too much happening at once that was causing it. I noticed that today when I backed out after using the maintenance tool, which I placed on the add-on shelf, it didn't go back to the screen that would normally have the android apps and program add-ons showing and XBMC didn't crash. But when I accessed it through the programs button and then backed out, it crashed. Glad you were able to replicate it and hopefully find a fix for it. I'll keep using the skin even with the flicker as I really like it and how it works with Genesis, Trakt, TV Shows-Next Aired and the library. Thanks for all your work, I'm really enjoying the way my set-up is looking and running.
If you have any requests for anything custom let me know, I would be happy to accommodate them!!

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
cO2 Skin

I'm working on update 0.0.8 which will feature a complete skin settings overhaul with custom colors for selectors, text, borders, etc.

Should be done in a few days..

Last edited:

oso

Sep 19, 2012
I know this is a Gotham skin, but have you had any reports on people using this with 12.x successfully ?

iCanuck

Developer
Mar 19, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
I know this is a Gotham skin, but have you had any reports on people using this with 12.x successfully ?
No it will only work on Gotham. It has alot of new features that aren't supported in Frodo (12.x).

I'm really not sure why anyone would still need to use Frodo as almost everything has been updated to work on Gotham.

Last edited:

oso

Sep 19, 2012
some of us have been around long enough to know to wait at least 3 months after a new version before migrating :)