Cast From Android (Avia Player) To Chromecast

Girovend

Dec 26, 2012
Because chromescast only supports CERTAIN FILE TYPES. I have found kinkins TV online and lambdas YIFY work 100%
Yiffy doesnt work for me , I get the same error when using Spor**dev*l , after clicking on movie a box comes up saying( External Player Active , Click OK When Playback Has Ended ) but Spor**dev*l you can change settings to use different player (although not Avia)
There is no such option in Yiffy

Girovend

Dec 26, 2012
Hmm I never installed MX player at all only playercorefactory.xml

the OP doesnt mention mx player but I'll try it

Last edited:

vibajajo64

Jan 31, 2014
Either the playercore file is incorrect or the file type can't be played. I don't know any other reason. What is the file type that isn't playing?

Girovend

Dec 26, 2012
Ice films , movies 25 and some links from 1Ch**nel , and showbox all play ok , so its no big deal its just that YIFY is
supposed to play 100% but I cant get anything to play in it , when I select a title I get a pop up that says
(External Player Active , Click OK When Playback Has Ended ) but nothing actually plays and theres no option to choose what external player it uses , I even tried a different playercorefactory.xml I got from xda developers but still not working, it just makes me think theres something I'm missing

alacasadesabby

Feb 27, 2014
I have a rooted android tablet(verified) xbmc xaf and avia(paid) linked with the player core file. I have watched a couple of full length movies through ice films on my chromecast already but the problem is that once I put it down for the the night that night turned it off and tried it the next night, it tried to cast to the chromecast, connected and screen would show first few seconds or movie bar then it would stop and say this file is not supported. The problem I have with this is that these exact files were playing the day before so I know they are compatible. What happened and how can I get it playing again?

alacasadesabby

Feb 27, 2014
Now I can't play any files through xbmc. Uninstalled xbmc and avia, reinstalled them both linked them so avia was the controller, it worked again. Then once again I put it down for the night and the next day its no go. One day I can play every video, the next nothing will play. Is there some sort of cache that's not clearing or something when I shut off for the night? Tried clearing xbmcs cache and avias-didnt help

alacasadesabby

Feb 27, 2014
Problem solved-or should I say there was no problem. All files are not supported so I was jumping around from the fifth one down to the tenth. Save yourself the trouble and just go from the first video down till you find one that works. Hope I saved someone some trouble!

jma99

Dec 8, 2013
Is there a way to quickly switch back and forth from the tablet display to the chromecast?

pavlislis

Mar 22, 2014
Using xbmc without avia player I was able to load subtitles....but once i install avia to be able to chromecast i am not sure if this is possible. Is it? I am doing something wrong?

valguerra

May 14, 2014
I'm able to play all video to allcast to chromecast. But how do I get the video to play on the tablet instead of allcast to chromecast. Every time I play video it automatically opens allcast to chromecast.

santiago7

May 29, 2014
Can anyone help me with the downloads?

I have clicked on touchscreen XAF build download for XBMC BUT it keeps downloading as a .BIN file and not a .APK file for me to install, how do I get around this, been trying for ages now :(

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
Well... If you read any of our guides you will know what to do ;)

Such as the guide I wrote in the first post of this thread ;)
I'm only asking for help mate, I did read your guide but got confused by the bit where you say download the the appropriate build.. I was asking what build I should download that's all

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
Ok I'm stuck I have followed guide and download Gotham on my Nexus 7,copied file into right directory etc open up avia then xbmc opened up you tube the screen goes black on tv like it's going to play but just hangs? Do I have the wrong version of xbmc

chip-e-lu

May 10, 2013
I too have the Nexus 7 tablet (1st gen). I have done the following:

- Installed to latest nightly build of XBMC
- Put the playercorefactory file in the user data folder
- Installed MX Player Codec (ARMv7 NEON)
- Installed Avia and purchased it

When I attempt to send video from 1Ch**nel it acts like it trying to load/buffer the video but never plays. I get the "spinning" at the lower left.

I am trying to locate the XAF build but EVERY download link I find is broken.

Can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!