Chromecast and XBMC Just Got Easier On Android!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Everyones favorite XBMC MOBILE REMOTE "YATSE" has updated to 4.0... adn with it comes a SLEW of GREAT new features and additions. The least of which being CHROMECAST SUPPORT. You can now through XBMC from one room in your house to the entire house using Yatse.

Example. I have a XBMC machine (OUYA) in the LivingRoom of my home. This is our HUB. The setup consists of and XBOX ONE with an OUYA set to its dedicated INPUT. The system also has an HDMY splitter meaning the XBOX ONE operates in the LivingRoom as well as the MastBedroom. This is a GREAT setup... and I really enjoy it. That said, what about the gym... the kids rooms... or the garage/shop? Well, with this update I can throw ANYTHING from the primary machine to every other room in the house.

I have tested it as completely as I can and it has been a truly EPIC experience!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Not sure how to explain further.

Take something (video) from primary xbmc.

Chromecast it to other rooms in the house via YATSE.

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
Not sure how to explain further.

Take something (video) from primary xbmc.

Chromecast it to other rooms in the house via YATSE.
So you use your OUYA for XBMC (Gotham I assume), YATSE for the remote for OUYA, and Chromecast for each TV setup.

Then YATSE lets you project the XBMC from 1 OUYA to any Chromecast TV. Is that correct?

Link_of_Hyrule

Nov 15, 2012
But does it work with add-ons s like 1Ch**nel and IceFilm? I bought BubbleUPnP and so far no luck getting that to work.

steve4cr

Feb 7, 2013
Before you run out and buy the yatze upgrade (like I did), you may find that it is hard to find something to stream to Chromecast. Most stream with no audio. Addons like Ic*f*lms just plain fail. It seems that chromecast has limited codec support.
Its only 5 bux ann a great app otherwise.

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
Before you run out and buy the yatze upgrade (like I did), you may find that it is hard to find something to stream to Chromecast. Most stream with no audio. Addons like Ic*f*lms just plain fail. It seems that chromecast has limited codec support.
Has this been solved yet? Do most of the films still not play? And has live streams been sorted yet over chromecast?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I'm guessing you missed my dozens of threads that tell you the limitations of Chromecasts video format limitations. I'm also guessing you missed all of my guides that tell you how to fix it.

Perhaps you missed the posts telling you to use tvonline or yify add-ons. Even Genesis.

Has this been solved yet? Do most of the films still not play? And has live streams been sorted yet over chromecast?

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
I'm guessing you missed my dozens of threads that tell you the limitations of Chromecasts video format limitations. I'm also guessing you missed all of my guides that tell you how to fix it.

Perhaps you missed the posts telling you to use tvonline or yify add-ons. Even Genesis.
It's great that there are so many guides I guess it's hard getting your head round them all when your a novice.

I have a chromecast, nexus 7 and nexus 5, what set up would you recommend to play xbmc to chromecast?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
It's great that there are so many guides I guess it's hard getting your head round them all when your a novice.

I have a chromecast, nexus 7 and nexus 5, what set up would you recommend to play xbmc to chromecast?
Sorry, my reply sounded harsher than intended ;)

If you are wanting chromecast and xbmc... It will be different if you want to send xbmc from phone/tablet to a cheomecast tv or if you want to send xbmc vids from one tv set top box to a chromecast in another room.

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
Sorry, my reply sounded harsher than intended ;)

If you are wanting chromecast and xbmc... It will be different if you want to send xbmc from phone/tablet to a cheomecast tv or if you want to send xbmc vids from one tv set top box to a chromecast in another room.
No your reply was not harsh, i totally get it when you take the time and trouble to put these guides out and they get ignored..i have tried to read them all, i guess sometimes its just a bit overwhelming.

Basically i want to do both, i have an ouya that plays xbmc great, and yes i would like this streamed to my cc eventually i downloaded the Yatse remote i read about and i will play around with that.

For now im mainly interested in streaming to my cc from my nexus 7. I was going to go down the Bubbleup route tonight, ie putting the server on my pc for transcoding (see i do read guides lol) however i then read your thread about Y2cast and how you think this might be the better option? was just curious as if you still think Y2cast is the way to go?

One more thing, through all this testing i keep having to paste this playcorefactory.xml when i try different apps, can i not just long hold on a video in xbmc and select for example Bubbleup and try it before i permanently put the playercorefactory for bubbleup. Or does this file also do something else ?

Thanks for your time on this