Clockworkmod available for Fire TV

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Having only just rooted my new android phone a couple of weeks back, I'm not all that familiar with all its applications (I have TWRP) but I'll bet some people will be interested in installing clockwork mod on their Fire TV.
I don't post links without approval but a simple Google search will help you there. I found it when I checked the change log after updating adbFire. I haven't installed it yet so I'm hoping to get some feedback here.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Just to follow-up... I installed Rbox new cwm and installed one of the pre-rooted roms. The whole process was very easy and now I have a newer version of fire tv firmware complete with updates for the remote.
I'm kinda surprised there's not much discussion going on here. But if anyone's interested there's a very well detailed guide on aftvnews. Just followed the guide and it was fast and simple. There were no obstacles (unless you consider how long it took to adb push the zip 15 to 20 mins)
I m looking forward to where it goes from here with maybe some new custom roms and perhaps we'll have a way to unlock boot loader in the future.

forty0z

Jun 2, 2013
I had some issues side loading and installing things to my firetv.
What helped me was to uninstall bluestacks program from my PC.
After that I had no issues.
Pong if you need help post here and we can try and assist you.

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
I guess I never blocked updates even though I thought I did. ... now I'm not rooted so I'm waiting for the new root to comeout. ...unfortunately it looks like the fire tv doesn't have the following it once did so may take even longer this time

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
for me to install clockworkmod is not that simple and i think i'm not alone.
Whatd u mean? I'm not providing lots of info but I think the guide is very straightforward. If it's a network issue for pushing the Rom I believe it can be done via usb...what exactly are you having problems with?

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
I guess I never blocked updates even though I thought I did. ... now I'm not rooted so I'm waiting for the new root to comeout. ...unfortunately it looks like the fire tv doesn't have the following it once did so may take even longer this time
I think that's about to change with custom recovery, custom roms forthcoming, and the chance that in the future (soon I hope) the boot loader will be unlocked.
I think what's happened to this forum is everything that can be done has been done and talked about. But there's more to come...

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
You mean TWRP RECOVERY AND BOOT ....... not everyone knows it by other name ...... clockworkmod also has other apps associated with it ... :)
Can you expand on that a bit? I'm new to android (relatively) Root just became available for my HTC phone and I actually have TWRP installed. But I thought the 2 were independent of one another...sorry I'm a bit confused. I indicated as much in the OP and just sharing the fact that CWM is available. To be honest I put it out there in the hopes some more info might come my way.:)

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Can you expand on that a bit? I'm new to android (relatively) Root just became available for my HTC phone and I actually have TWRP installed. But I thought the 2 were independent of one another...sorry I'm a bit confused. I indicated as much in the OP and just sharing the fact that CWM is available. To be honest I put it out there in the hopes some more info might come my way.:)
They are... I'm unsure what the other poster was receding to. Two different things entirely.