CNTV EPG not working in PVR IPTV Simple Client

Habibie

Sep 1, 2016
Using the Indigo utility, I have installed CNTV LIVE ADDON on either a Linux desktop computer and/or an MXQ Pro Android TV Box (running on a LibreELEC OS with Kodi v17.1) and am able to watch some CNTV Live channels, i.e. CCTV-3, XMTV, etc. From the CNTV Live package, I notice it does come with an IPTV EPG (probably in Chinese and/or English languages). So, I have enabled all the options in the EPG menu, i.e. Enable IPTV EPG, Download EPG for National Channels, as well as Download EPG for Provincial EPG. Then, I enabled the PVR IPTV Simple Client and configured it to use the CNTV IPTV EPG as follows:
  1. General:
    • M3U Play List Path: /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cntv-live/resources/epg.m3u
    • Numbering channels starts at: 1
  2. EPG Settings:
    • XMLTV Path: /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cntv-live/addon.xml
    • EPG Time Shift (hours): -12:00
    • Apply Time Shift To All Channels: 1
  3. Channels Logo:
    • Channels Logo Folder: /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cntv-live/resources/media
    • XMLTV Logos Options: Channels Logos from XMLTV: Prefer XMLTV
After the above settings are saved, I exited (restarted) kodi. When kodi restarted, the IPTV does show the channels, but unable to connect to the video stream when a channel entry is clicked. Also, the TV guide show all channels with an empty timeline schedule. Did I do something wrong? I certainly will appreciate some helps for those who have managed to make this to work. Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Chinese TV 0
B Kodi Support 0
E Chinese TV 9