Common revolvers in URLresolver that are not working.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
US of A (Deep Deep South)
Quiet thread but seems like the place for this post. Not posting a problem or requesting support, more a point of discussion and curiosity on my part:

Has anyone else noticed any recent issues with movshare or divxstage?

Over the past couple days I've been watching the first part of the second season of 'Alaska: The Last Frontier'. When I selected s02e01 via Pri**wire/movshare I got quite a shock. I've watched up to episode four and on each one the movshare and divxstage links return a fairly explicit and very unpleasant video. I stopped rather quickly so not sure how bad it got but you certainly wouldn't want children happening upon it. The scraper didn't seem to matter, it happened when I played via Pri**wire and watchseries. I'm guessing a site or two has been hacked or shut down and someone is redirecting traffic. If not that I guess one would have to work with the scraper to get the links corrected, if one really wanted to fix it. I realize this is the nature of file hosting on the internet. Just curious if anyone else has noticed anything.

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
Quiet thread but seems like the place for this post. Not posting a problem or requesting support, more a point of discussion and curiosity on my part:

Over the past couple days I've been watching the first part of the second season of 'Alaska: The Last Frontier'. When I selected s02e01 via Pri**wire/movshare I got quite a shock. I've watched up to episode four and on each one the movshare and divxstage links return a fairly explicit and very unpleasant video. I stopped rather quickly so not sure how bad it got but you certainly wouldn't want children happening upon it. The scraper didn't seem to matter, it happened when I played via Pri**wire and watchseries. I'm guessing a site or two has been hacked or shut down and someone is redirecting traffic. If not that I guess one would have to work with the scraper to get the links corrected, if one really wanted to fix it. I realize this is the nature of file hosting on the internet. Just curious if anyone else has noticed anything.
A log might help to check this. I suspect that if you were using SA*TS that the related site url was pointing to the wrong show on the site. I did a quick check of these links on Pri**wire and in SA*TS for this show and they appeared to be fine.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
A log might help to check this. I suspect that if you were using SA*TS that the related site url was pointing to the wrong show on the site. I did a quick check of these links on Pri**wire and in SA*TS for this show and they appeared to be fine.
Thanks! Appreciate you checking it out in SA*TS and Pri**wire. I was in the only add-on (of the type) that I use regularly that isn't yours, Genesis. Hadn't checked SA*TS or Pri**wire yet. Don't want to waste your time on this, like I said it's barely an inconvenience. It was just kinda shocking, lol. As I watch a couple more episodes I'll see about trying the links out in SA*TS and Pri**wire and grabbing a log. However, before going any further on this I owe you a response in the SA*TS thread about database resets, much more important to me. As always, thanks for the quick and informative reply.

Update - after seeing what should be the same links work in Pri**wire and SA*TS I'm really curious.

Last edited:

alibaba011

Sep 20, 2012

I dont see anything unexpected. I checked Pri**wire/movshare link for this show S02e01 e02 using Genesis addon. Does it happen every-time or sometimes? A Log will shed some light onto it. Nobody wants weird stuff show up in the TV.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
I dont see anything unexpected. I checked Pri**wire/movshare link for this show S02e01 e02 using Genesis addon. Does it happen every-time or sometimes? A Log will shed some light onto it. Nobody wants weird stuff show up in the TV.
Understood, I'm realizing its more of an issue than I thought. Certainly wouldn't want it popping up with friends or family in the room. It happens every time on the same links, movshare and divxstage, using both Pri**wire and watchseries scrapers. I hope I'm getting all the lingo right. There was at least one occasion in which watchseries or Pri**wire had multiple links for movshare or divxstage and one of the links brought up the correct episode while the other brought up the inappropriate content. Hope that makes sense, not sure it really matters. As you saw in tknorris' response, what appear to be the same links work in Pri**wire and SA*TS. I verified this on my system as well, it appears to be a problem only in Genesis. Perhaps because the others are using urlresolver while he uses his own resolver? I have not had the opportunity to post about this in the Genesis thread so hopefully lambda will see this. I will post in that thread and grab a log when able but It may be late tonight.

I've been wondering this for a while but haven't really looked for an answer. In light of the situation I'm gonna ask here, is there any sensitive information in the logs? Does the log uploader clear it before uploading if there is? Thanks.

Update - I wanted to make absolutely certain I had episode numbers for links that continually return the incorrect content. All the movshare and divxstage links for s02e02 of 'Alaska: The Last Frontier' play the incorrect content every time.

I'm thinking this probably needs to move over to the Genesis thread so I'm going to post a link there. Even though I don't understand how I'm thinking it's Genesis related since urlresolver seems to be working fine. What appear to be the same links are displayed correctly. I was curious so I tested with urlresolver configured to use real-debrid and again with it configured to use premiumize.me. It worked in both scenarios.

My wife refuses to let me continue while she's home. I'll get a log tomorrow.

Forgot to mention I tried clearing genesis cache and sources with no affect.

Last edited:

lambda

Banned
Oct 8, 2013
Athens, GR
Over the past couple days I've been watching the first part of the second season of 'Alaska: The Last Frontier'. When I selected s02e01 via Pri**wire/movshare I got quite a shock. I've watched up to episode four and on each one the movshare and divxstage links return a fairly explicit and very unpleasant video.
I've just tried movshare and divxstage links of Alaska: The Last Frontier s02e01 and they work fine.

I'm guessing a site or two has been hacked or shut down and someone is redirecting traffic. If not that I guess one would have to work with the scraper to get the links corrected, if one really wanted to fix it.
It was an issue by them, both filehosters seem to be related, that's why it happened in both of them.
They fixed this issue, they seem to work fine now.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
I've just tried movshare and divxstage links of Alaska: The Last Frontier s02e01 and they work fine.

It was an issue by them, both filehosters seem to be related, that's why it happened in both of them.
They fixed this issue, they seem to work fine now.
Thanks for your time. I'll check it out shortly.

Good to know my logic regarding the cause of the problem was solid. Still kinda confused as to why Pri**wire and SA*TS (urlresolver) didn't have a problem playing what 'appeared' to be the same links, definitely the same hosts.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
@lambda,

My fault, I messed up in my first post on this matter, s02e01 doesn't appear to be affected. I just checked and the problem still exists for the other episodes I mentioned. I focused my testing on s02e02 but checked all the way through s02e04 and the problem appeared in each. Every movshare and divxstage link for s02e02 returned the same incorrect content. It happened on later episodes too but I didn't check every link. It remains isolated to movshare and divxstage but appears on both Pri**wire and watchseries scrapers. I verified that the movshare and divxstage links worked from within 1Ch still. I flushed the cache and cleared sources in Genesis, cleared Kodi cache and just to be cautious I cleared 1Ch cache and reset it's database. I restarted and retested with same results. I captured log files but I am now having difficulties getting them off my Ouya. Will upload when able.

I need to go check the net and see if I can find anything there.

I want to reiterate that for me personally this is not a priority (barely an inconvenience). With that said I will do what I can to help resolve the issue, if that's even a possibility. I'm still thinking it's host related so may simply have to wait. Another semi-educated guess.

Question - Should I start a new thread for this or maybe just move it into main Genesis thread?

Last edited: