Computer (windows 10) Built in VPN

Sara5dawn

Sep 21, 2016
My windows 10 computer has a built in VPN. My question is do I need to add an extra one? I have it enabled so should I worry?
also about all these piracy issues I don't understand if it's such a big deal then why was kodi added to the window store?

Thanks

Yobpar

Jan 13, 2016
also about all these piracy issues I don't understand if it's such a big deal then why was kodi added to the window store?

Thanks
Because Kodi has nothing to do with piracy. The content provided by kodi can also be accessed from your windows 10 computer without Kodi, does it mean that Microsoft has anything to do with the piracy?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
My windows 10 computer has a built in VPN. My question is do I need to add an extra one? I have it enabled so should I worry?

Thanks
If you IP is masked then you should be OK. Just type whatismyip.com and see if it is masked.

Sara5dawn

Sep 21, 2016
If you IP is masked then you should be OK. Just type whatismyip.com and see if it is masked.
I did this and my IP address was visible. After playing around with Kodi addons I found an open end VPN in the get more addons section:confused: its called an open end VPN and I think it was in one of the repositories. My question is is it safe to install it? I'm worried about it slowing down my internet connection.

Thanks in advance. I kinda think I'm getting the hang of this now.

Last edited:

jason420

Oct 13, 2016

Thanks
the default VPN is basically of no use. i also have it but you do have to use another VPN service so that your data is secure. my advice is to use Express VPN. i am also using this service and it works great. i think you should give it a try.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015

Thanks
Just my personal opinion, but if you are watching streams and not using torrents, then you do not need a VPN.

changolee

Nov 28, 2016
yes you do

Thanks
the built in VPN is of no use. you have to use a Paid VPN service in order to enjoy the benefits of a VPN service.