Config Wizard Android Update

Horse4190

Nov 16, 2016
I need to update my KODI on my android tablet. The config wizard is missing, how can I put this back to update the KODI? Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I am not sure the wizard exists anymore....I haven't checked since I don't use it.
Do you only want to update the version of Kodi to the latest? Get it from the Play Store or from Kodi.tv/downloads.
Do you want to update the addons from your Kodi? If you have the repos installed (and you should) then they should auto-update.
The Wizard will remove all the addons you have now and install only the addons that were included in the Wizard itself. These may not be the addons you want to have.

Horse4190

Nov 16, 2016
Thanks RavRob. Yes I just want to update the Kodi version. If I get from the Play Store or download, will that be updated automatically the whole thing and will not do any configuration? So, sorry for this question as I am new to this. Thank you

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Generally the updates from the play store are safe and will not alter your current config. However, you might want to make a backup first. I generally use the official Kodi Backup add-on.