Confluence opening screen on 18.2

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
In the past when I started up Kodi, the opening screen using Confluence as the skin has been focused on Videos. By that, I mean that without any action on my part, the tabs under Videos are showing and any home screen shortcuts I have made to addons are also visible.

Now, with Leia 18.2, the opening screen seems fixated on System. All the many tabs of System are displayed. It's ugly. Is there some way to change this?

I should add that I only have three visible options on the bar that runs across the screen: Weather, Videos, System. I don't know whether the addition of the "Games" option has thrown things off, but I don't display it in any case. Seems like there should be a specification for "opening focus" or some such thing.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I am not near my Kodi but I believe there is an option in Kodi settings>Skin settings to tell Kodi where to start. NOTE I haven't used confluence in years.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks. You are correct, there is a setting for what to do on start-up. Unfortunately, I do want the home screen displayed, just not the way it is displaying as if there is a mouse pointer hovering over "System". I want the non-existent mouse pointer to hover over "Videos" like it used to. Guess Ill have to look into the code and see if I can find something.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
I think its just the way kodi, or confluence, is written.
the startup focus is on the third (visible) menu option (or the last if there are less than three) for confluence.
If you go into the confluence skin settings and un-hide Pictures or Games it should then focus on Videos
Other than that you would have to talk to the creator of confluence and ask if he could put in a setting to choose which menu item (or number) to focus on

Last edited:

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
If this is true, it is a change. I have always had only three visible menu options (Weather, Videos, System) and it is only with the change to Leia that I have seen this behavior. I'm going to try the experiment you suggest to see what happens.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
Yes, you are correct, but it is a new behavior, at least in my experience. I can think of all kinds of arcane ideas like making a menu item "invisible" or 1 pix in width, but I think you are right that the best bet is to contact the developer.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
I dont know how "new" this issue is.
I have run across it before either with an old kodi fork or the old 7 icon confluence fork,
but something happened where it started opening with the focus being on music and not videos.
thats how I knew about the third menu item focus.
it doesnt use the menu item name to focus, but the number position on the menu.
or something like that.
I cant remember exactly or what was done to fix it because it was so long ago.
but yeah, the best option is the confluence dev

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
The developer replied:

Add this -
<onload>SetFocus(9000,n)</onload>
after this line in the Home.xml -
<defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
where n is the item you want to focus in the menu minus 1 because the first one is 0.

Works like a charm :)

Reactions: Shinzin
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Android Boxes 4
G Kodi Support 12
G Random Topics 3