Connection failed please check your credentials.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
Hello, I'm running USTVnow latest version on Krypton 17 on an Apple TV 4. I can connect to a live Tv channel and view it no problems but if I stop the stream I get an error message that says
'Connection Failed! Please check your log in credentials and try again.' When I click ok USTVnow has shutdown and I'm back to my video menu in Kodi.
Then if I go back into USTVnow and try to play a live stream again I get the same error message as above.

If I completely shut down Kodi and restart it again then everything works fine. It's only if I go out of a channel to try and play another channel that I get these errors.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Edit'-This same error is also happening on my iPad running Kodi 16 Jarvis.

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hello, I'm running USTVnow latest version on Krypton 17 on an Apple TV 4. I can connect to a live Tv channel and view it no problems but if I stop the stream I get an error message that says
'Connection Failed! Please check your log in credentials and try again.' When I click ok USTVnow has shutdown and I'm back to my video menu in Kodi.
Then if I go back into USTVnow and try to play a live stream again I get the same error message as above.

If I completely shut down Kodi and restart it again then everything works fine. It's only if I go out of a channel to try and play another channel that I get these errors.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Edit'-This same error is also happening on my iPad running Kodi 16 Jarvis.
So the streams work at first but when you close one while it is playing you get errors and then can't get another stream to play without restarting Kodi? Is that what you are seeing?

A log file may help. I did notice some issues with their service earlier. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Yes that is correct. It also d0esnt go back to the main menu in USTVnow and I have to go to Kodi home and navigate back to USTVnow. Here is my log file

Thanks.
https://goo.gl/Zciv4D
Do you have this problem if you open the streams from the Live TV section in the USTVnow Plus addon too? I assumed you are having this issue from the USTVnow Guide addon (TV Guide).

Please try from the Live TV section. If you don't have the issue there then that will narrow the issue down to the USTVnow Guide addon.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
I am opening these through the live Tv section. I don't actually use the TV guide at all.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
Hmm... I was hoping it was something with the guide. I will look over the log. Really not sure what it is.
Well i thought I would try it through the guide and see what happens. It works.
So I opened the guide and clicked on a channel and it played. Then I closed that, went to another channel and it played. Then I closed that and went to live Tv and opened a channel and that also played. But when I closed that instead of going back to the main menu I received the error message and went it back to my Kodi video main menu.
So I then went back Into live Tv and it wouldn't play but instead kept giving me the error message. (unless I completely restart Kodi) but if I use the TV guide it works fine and plays every time. Not sure if that's a clue or not? Thanks for your help by the way.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Well i thought I would try it through the guide and see what happens. It works.
So I opened the guide and clicked on a channel and it played. Then I closed that, went to another channel and it played. Then I closed that and went to live Tv and opened a channel and that also played. But when I closed that instead of going back to the main menu I received the error message and went it back to my Kodi video main menu.
So I then went back Into live Tv and it wouldn't play but instead kept giving me the error message. (unless I completely restart Kodi) but if I use the TV guide it works fine and plays every time. Not sure if that's a clue or not? Thanks for your help by the way.
Definitely a clue. I think that there is an issue with some changes that I have made that only affect Apple TV that are unrelated to the USTVnow 45 day limits. I will see what I can figure out.

Also can you try to open streams from the Movies on Now section and see how that goes?

Thanks

DJburger

Oct 3, 2015
hi mhancoc7,im running 17.1 jarvis on stick, cant get in clicking Live TV but can going through guide. hope to hear soon youve a solution . thanks for all you do

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
hi mhancoc7,im running 17.1 jarvis on stick, cant get in clicking Live TV but can going through guide. hope to hear soon youve a solution . thanks for all you do
Are you on a Firestick? This seems to a device specific issue with how I am checking the age of the account.

Thanks

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
Definitely a clue. I think that there is an issue with some changes that I have made that only affect Apple TV that are unrelated to the USTVnow 45 day limits. I will see what I can figure out.

Also can you try to open streams from the Movies on Now section and see how that goes?

Thanks
I tried opening from movies on now and it was blank. I then went back to the main menu and tried again via movies on now and received the same connection failed error.

Also keep in mind this is happening on my Apple TV and my iPad.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Ok I am pushing a new update that just removes the account age check and quality limits. I was hoping this would help deal with all the issues by at least notifying users. However, there is some weird issue with certain devices and how I am checking the age of the account.

After you update to the latest version things should work just like before. So for those whose accounts are over 45 days old but still work then things should just work. However, after 45 days there is no guarantee what USTVnow will do with your account. They seem to be limiting free accounts over 45 days old in a very inconsistent way.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
Ok I am pushing a new update that just removes the account age check and quality limits. I was hoping this would help deal with all the issues by at least notifying users. However, there is some weird issue with certain devices and how I am checking the age of the account.

After you update to the latest version things should work just like before. So for those whose accounts are over 45 days old but still work then things should just work. However, after 45 days there is no guarantee what USTVnow will do with your account. They seem to be limiting free accounts over 45 days old in a very inconsistent way.
Whats the latest version? I tried to update and it said it installed version 14.6.5 but Im sure thats what it already was. But I keep getting the same error.

Whats with the 45 day limit thing? I thought with free accounts you were just limited to a few channels but that was it?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Whats the latest version? I tried to update and it said it installed version 14.6.5 but Im sure thats what it already was. But I keep getting the same error.

Whats with the 45 day limit thing? I thought with free accounts you were just limited to a few channels but that was it?
The latest version is 14.6.6. This one removes the checks for the age of the account. It will not fix the issue if your account is over 45 days old and can't stream.

The 45 day limit has been on the USTVnow service for as long as I know. They just didn't enforce it until lately.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
The latest version is 14.6.6. This one removes the checks for the age of the account. It will not fix the issue if your account is over 45 days old and can't stream.

The 45 day limit has been on the USTVnow service for as long as I know. They just didn't enforce it until lately.
Awesome, I've updated and it's working again now. Thanks heaps for that. I didn't realise there was a 45 day limit. I thought it was a trial with full HD and all channels and then when that ended it was reduced to SD and only 4 channels.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Awesome, I've updated and it's working again now. Thanks heaps for that. I didn't realise there was a 45 day limit. I thought it was a trial with full HD and all channels and then when that ended it was reduced to SD and only 4 channels.
Very glad that you got it working.

I am not aware of a trial that gives you all the channels for a period. The Free plan gives you HD for 45 days and after 45 days they are SD and can only be streamed from a browser. At least that is how I understand it.

Momofterrors

May 24, 2017
enjoyed this thread (new member) having same problem with USTVNOW so hoping guide will work. I had no problems until a week ago - I did try to open a new account and had the same problem re emails the error message is:
Email registration is not currently available, try with Social Platforms (Facebook or Google).
If this failure persists, please open a ticket.

this is an amazing forum and everyone appears to be so helpful.