Connection failed please check your credentials.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
enjoyed this thread (new member) having same problem with USTVNOW so hoping guide will work. I had no problems until a week ago - I did try to open a new account and had the same problem re emails the error message is:
Email registration is not currently available, try with Social Platforms (Facebook or Google).
If this failure persists, please open a ticket.

this is an amazing forum and everyone appears to be so helpful.
I appreciate that you have read the thread. :) A lot of folks just post blindly so thank you!

I really don't know why some people have the issue with not being able to create a new account with an email address. Never been able to replicate that.

Hopefully things will sort out for you.

Truman47

Mar 28, 2016
It sounds to me like that's an issue with USTVNOW and not the Kodi app. Why don't you try to register via a browser and see if you get the same error.
Also (and this is possibly a long shot) but if your an Aussie like me don't use a .com.au email address. I've had this issue before with some sites not allowing them as your supposed to be a US citizen. Possibly not the issue here but just saying.

bevilh2o

Jun 7, 2017
I have same problem. Can you help?
1)Signed in with Gmail.
2)Click on Live TV, then prompt comes up(Connection FAILED!). Guide comes up, click on show, prompt comes up.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Not sure if this is still a fix for your problem but give it a try. Get a new account at USTV and enter the new credentials in the addon. I know it was a fix at some point but not sure if it still works that way.

bevilh2o

Jun 7, 2017
Thanks, but it did not work.

I have updated to Krypton 17.3. It seems this is the problem?

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have same problem. Can you help?
1)Signed in with Gmail.
2)Click on Live TV, then prompt comes up(Connection FAILED!). Guide comes up, click on show, prompt comes up.
When you say you "Signed in with Gmail." do you mean that you used the signup using Gmail option on the USTVnow site? If so that is your issue. The USTVnow Plus addon only supports if you signup using an email/password combination.

Can you go to their site and log in? Have you enabled RTMP in Kodi settings?
https://www.tvaddons.co/rtmp-streams-krypton/
I have tested and the RTMP settings in Kodi have no effect on USTVnow Plus.

exactorman

Jun 9, 2017
Can't log in on kodi wants my log in details. USTV NOW only lets you sign up through google and facebook

exactorman

Jun 9, 2017
Go to their site and create an account. You don't have to use Google or FB.
Email registration is not currently available, try with Social Platforms (Facebook or Google).
If this failure persists, please open a ticket.

kcrocker

Sep 1, 2017
New to Kodi, loaded USTV NOW and I get "Connection failed! Please check your login credentials and try again." Error on anything I try to do. My login is my email but it is correct in the app. I've tried going back to Kodi home screen and get the same error every time.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
New to Kodi, loaded USTV NOW and I get "Connection failed! Please check your login credentials and try again." Error on anything I try to do. My login is my email but it is correct in the app. I've tried going back to Kodi home screen and get the same error every time.
Are you 100% sure you have the password in correctly?

Tara25604

Sep 10, 2017
I just signed up today. About an hour after signing up the connection was lost and when I tried to start playing again it said connection failed, check credentials. They are correct. I shut down my system and restarted and that didn't help. After reading another post I went into the guide and was able to connect through the guide.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I just signed up today. About an hour after signing up the connection was lost and when I tried to start playing again it said connection failed, check credentials. They are correct. I shut down my system and restarted and that didn't help. After reading another post I went into the guide and was able to connect through the guide.
No clue what is going on there. Going through the guide shouldn't make any difference. I would recommend doing a Force Clear Token in the settings and see if that helps.