Connection FAILED!

rocco3570

Sep 30, 2017
I installed USTVNOW plus and Guide this morn. I go to the guide, click on a program and get "Connection FAILED! Pleas check your login credentials and try again". I can view the guide, but can't access the programs.
Any help is appreciated.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I installed USTVNOW plus and Guide this morn. I go to the guide, click on a program and get "Connection FAILED! Pleas check your login credentials and try again". I can view the guide, but can't access the programs.
Any help is appreciated.
Did you enter your creds into the USTVnow Plus addon? When open it you should get prompted for your USTVnow creds. Be sure that you created your USTVnow account with an email and didn't use any social login like Google.

Be very careful entering the creds. I can't tell you how many people swear they put them in correctly only to realize it was something as simple as that.

Once you get the creds in open the Live TV section of the USTVnow Plus addon and try to watch from there. If it works you should be good. The reason the USTVnow Guide will show the shows, but not work is because the guide data is pulled from an online service and doesn't require creds to get the data.

Hope that helps

rocco3570

Sep 30, 2017
Thing is, it didn't prompt me to do so, as the video did. I followed step by step to ensure everything was correct, but no prompt to do so. I'll uninstall and try again.

rocco3570

Sep 30, 2017
Did you enter your creds into the USTVnow Plus addon? When open it you should get prompted for your USTVnow creds. Be sure that you created your USTVnow account with an email and didn't use any social login like Google.

Be very careful entering the creds. I can't tell you how many people swear they put them in correctly only to realize it was something as simple as that.

Once you get the creds in open the Live TV section of the USTVnow Plus addon and try to watch from there. If it works you should be good. The reason the USTVnow Guide will show the shows, but not work is because the guide data is pulled from an online service and doesn't require creds to get the data.

Hope that helps
I uninstalled and reinstalled, and got the same....no prompts to put in credentials.

rocco3570

Sep 30, 2017
I've done it 5 times with 4 times uninstalling fusion and starting again. No go...no prompt for creds and get the same message. I give up.
Thank you for your help.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I've done it 5 times with 4 times uninstalling fusion and starting again. No go...no prompt for creds and get the same message. I give up.
Thank you for your help.
You can always just open USTVnow Plus and click Settings to set the credentials manually. Try that out and I would also recommend doing a Force Token Refresh in the Advanced Settings as well.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Just now installed and did as prompted and tried watching live TV before going to the guide. The account was created with my gmail address and password. Connection Failed! Force Token Refresh in advanced settings is greyed out. TV guide: Connection Failed!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Just now installed and did as prompted and tried watching live TV before going to the guide. The account was created with my gmail address and password. Connection Failed! Force Token Refresh in advanced settings is greyed out. TV guide: Connection Failed!
If you used the signup with Gmail option the addon will not work. You will need to sign-up for USTVnow using the signup with an email account. That way you can put in your email/password combination for the addon to connect with.

See:
USTVnow Plus FAQ

If you did signup with an email address and not one of the automatic signup options like Google Auth then you most likely have the username or password entered incorrectly. Could be an uppercase isssue.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
I uninstalled USTV to start over but my sign in info is still there. How do I wipe everything so I can start fresh? If my memory serves, at the very first of the sign up procedure it asks if you want to sign up using a social account. I chose Google not realizing that it didn't mean email. Then later it asks for my email address which I entered. Well things went south from there.
Thanks for your help mhancock7.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I uninstalled USTV to start over but my sign in info is still there. How do I wipe everything so I can start fresh? If my memory serves, at the very first of the sign up procedure it asks if you want to sign up using a social account. I chose Google not realizing that it didn't mean email. Then later it asks for my email address which I entered. Well things went south from there.
Thanks for your help mhancock7.
You can go into the addon settings and adjust the login creds.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
It appears to be working. I uninstalled USTV NowPlus and the guide and reentered email and password without clicking Google in the "Sign up using social" (I think that was the mistake I made the first time).
It may not be a problem but when going to email and clicking on the verification in the no reply msg they send it goes to the guide, and at the top of the page, it says: Your account still needs to be verified. To fully activate your account, check your email
inbox. Since that's what I just did, I'm confused.
Maybe you could tell me what they mean.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
It appears to be working. I uninstalled USTV NowPlus and the guide and reentered email and password without clicking Google in the "Sign up using social" (I think that was the mistake I made the first time).
It may not be a problem but when going to email and clicking on the verification in the no reply msg they send it goes to the guide, and at the top of the page, it says: Your account still needs to be verified. To fully activate your account, check your email
inbox. Since that's what I just did, I'm confused.
Maybe you could tell me what they mean.
I can't remember the steps to activate your account at USTVnow, but you should be able to find it in the settings on their site when you are logged in.

Sorry just haven't signed up in a while. :)

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Hi mhancock7,
I just went to their site and that msg was no longer there so I guess it's fully activated.
Thanks so much for all your help.