Could not retrieve file directory this could be because the network is not connected

Portugal316

Apr 20, 2014
Ok here I go, I am having a very unusual problem. It's driving me nuts so I hope someone can help me. So I have now successfully installed xbmc with Fusion, ******, on my gbox midnight mx2 and now I have installed on my iPad Air. When I go to input the sources I am getting a "could not retrieve directory information this may be because the network is not connected" I go back in a few moments later and input the same addy http://fusion.xbmchub.com and bam there it is. I have read some threads of users who are having the same problem and have made my way over to settings, services. There I see options for Samba, zerocof etc. I am not sure if my settings are correct for file sharing. My Wi-fi connection is solid, I see xbmc working and have managed to finally get my sources in but there are moments that I get that message up above. Don't understand what problem I am having can anyone help???

Portugal316

Apr 20, 2014
I hope I have provided enough information regarding my problem. If I have not provided enough information please comment on what is required. I find this bizarre and have never had this problem. I have run xbmc on multiple devices and have double always run it on the default settings. I have noticed that this began happening after updating to gotham 13.2, I however am not sure if this is a contributing factor. Thanks to all for any advice or solutions

Portugal316

Apr 20, 2014
I follow the instructions on how to add XBMC HUB I am trying to add *link removed* under the File Manager. I keep getting the same Unable to connect "could not retrieve directory information This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway"

Last edited by a moderator:

Portugal316

Apr 20, 2014
Ok I have read posts, followed videos etc. i have not and don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have programmed my iPad before, I have an internet connection enabled on my home network. As far as I know I have through XBMC I am connected to that network. I have never created an SMB share, simply would go to the file manager input the address of the repo I was looking for and up it came. I would install from zip and off I went. I am stumped, looking for any support including remote.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
I follow the instructions on how to add XBMC HUB I am trying to add *link removed* under the File Manager. I keep getting the same Unable to connect "could not retrieve directory information This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway"
Sorry i dont know the answer to your problem,but the link you provided and trying to install has been removed as it links to an address full of content that is banned from here and has no support

Please read here also following from your first post http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/threads/21784-What-Is-The-*********

Last edited:

Portugal316

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks for that heads up. I seem to have discovered my problem. After looking at the network information on XBMC my IP address is different than my network here at home. Any help there?

Portugal316

Apr 20, 2014
Ok seems like my network connection is in sync with my iPad. Went in to install fusion and I receive the same message. Could this be a bug within 13.2 for iOS?